Christine

Girls of Coolidge...

I just read a review on Arizona Skydiving Coolidge and was disappointed to read one that WhoKnows wrote. :(

She said she was treated badly and the girls there did not like new girls going there. Hmmm....I am one of the girls that jumps there regularly and I am sorry for the bad experience. I like to make it a point to be nice to new people, especially other girls. We don't have a lot of girls during the summer so it's always nice when one comes along. (To help kick boys butts! :P)

She also said that there was not much help for newbies. Again, I don't know when she was there, but that has not been my experience. We have many students who get plenty of help.

WhoKnows, I wish you would give Coolidge another chance. Let me know when you can come and I'll meet you there. It really is a great place to jump and hang out!!

I'm writing because I wanted to know of others experiences. Has anyone else been to Coolidge? I hope this was an isolated incident. To me, it seems to be a very friendly atmosphere where people are treated like family. I hope for everyone to get the same feeling when they come.

Christine

Hey there Christine. It’s nice to see you on line.

Because of your posting I went and checked out the review that WhoKnows wrote of Coolidge. You are definitely being a nicer person than I am, with your forum post. Bottom line, WhoKnows is being dishonest. Looking at their profile and doing a little digging (off Dropzone.Com), it is very clear that they aren’t even jumpers. They’ve made some poor attempts to hide their trail, but I am very certain of who the primary owner is and what she is up to (I hope Yuma isn’t too hot this time of year)… Well, enough of that.

As for the zone, I agree with you. It’s fun place with very nice people. There are many ranges of flying skills and plenty of fun people to jump with. Just last weekend I did 10 very sweet jumps.

I like calling Coolidge my home zone and I’ll continue to jump there with my family of skydivers as long as I can. I hope that more people will discover this little jewel of the desert and come join us for some fun.

Liam

Hey guys so nice to see you!
Coolidge is a lovely DZ and the folks there are always welcoming.
When they come out here, just like the folks from Buckeye it gives us all the opportunity to fly together which is wickedly awesome. It's unfortunate that the poster felt the way that they did, but it happens everywhere. Sometimes if someone feels our attitudes are off...maybe their perception is off. At the end of the day, we are all just skydivers and that's just cool.

ok :)
It's just that I try to be nice to people, and don't want to give the impression that I'm stuck up around other girls, especially if it's so bad that one would feel inclined to write a bad review on a dropzone because of my seemingly offensive behavior.

I'll get over it now. :P

I loved my visit to Eloy, but I also truly enjoyed my one and only jump at Coolage. I definitely want to return there to make more jumps. I discovered the place at the end of my vacation this winter. I like the atmosphere and the jumpers there are super friendly......Steve1

Liam..

I thought I would reply to your statement about me in an earlier post.... First, you have no idea what my experiences at Coolidge have been and have no right to blast me in some post. I am not dishonest and posted what I felt in a review. If my experience is/was different from others, so be it... I never stated that it might not be and for you to assume that you know me or know my intentions is nothing short of ridiculous. It was simply a review, nothing more, nothing less. I'm truly glad you and others find Coolidge to be an enjoyable place/experience but to put someone down because their view is different from yours I personally think is pretty unfair and small-minded.

If you like we can take this to the next level and I can post a very detailed profile of you, your e-mails to others, e-mail accounts (active and inactive), home addresses, phone numbers, SSNs, etc. Hell, I'll even post the addresses and phone numbers of your neighbors if you like (all perfectly legal public information). Basically I’m thinking why not let everyone know who and what you’re up to... My point is, why if you are such an honest person do you hide from the individual that you are trying to disparage? If you have a problem with one individual in particular then be adult enough to deal with that individual directly and keep the zone out of your petty revenge.

As a side note, if two guys had kept it in their pants we would not be chatting.

Enjoy your weekend.

P.S. I would suggest that if you have further comments that you e-mail me directly, since I am not at all joking about the collection

of data that I have.

Hey Christine,

I jumped @ Coolidge a little over 2 years ago... overall the place rocks. Mullins rocks, the king air rocks, and most were very welcoming; offered help, and hung out after hours. However I did get a little feeling of "locals only" while there. Which to some degree is understandable (it's a small tight little community). You'd find this anywhere, not just at a dropzone..... [:/]

I'm in Arizona a couple times a year - mainly head down to Eloy (due to timing), however I'd like to re-visit Coolidge and jump again.

Ciao for now, g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Whoknows and Wcbh, I think this is a personal issue that would be best if it was taken to the pm's now.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you like we can take this to the next level and I can post a very detailed profile of you, your e-mails to others, e-mail accounts (active and inactive), home addresses, phone numbers, SSNs, etc.

I hope you understand that if you do this it will be the last post you'll ever make on this site.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

If this were a jumper with no agenda and this happens, I agree with the perception idea. It could be an insurity issue. As in the new girl at school feeling. We cant take first impressions from other women or men as fact. Many times I have been so wrong about persons/people. It takes a little time. Not everone instantly likes someone. If you havent given a person a chance then you may never know.

The only way to overcome this is to take control seek out the girls yourself and say Hello. I welcome all when I am somewhere, but alot of times people are dirt diving, getting ready for loads and then packing for another. These of course, are serious checks and rechecks, getting mentally prepared and etc. I would not want to interupt this process, I dont think you would either.

Persons at a dropzone will take time to meet and greet at some point. The longer you are there, the more opportunity for fellowship.

So for other readers, this sounds like an isolated incident and we cant know all the things going on here. And its not our concern. Nor should we conclude that Arizona Skydiving Coolidge is a place to shy away from or any DZ that gets these 'reviews. I made a bad call once and regretted it in my heart. I was wrong. But if you post a gut feeling (for the time) once you post it you cant take it back.

So, girls and guys, make you own mind up from your own experiences.
Just my idea on the matter- AA
:|

~AirAnn~