p3h

Micron For Wingsuit?

Hi,

I'm considering buying a new Micron 310 - really love the magnetic risers and stowless bag. Is there anyone jumping a wingsuit in a Micron? Are there any issues with it? Because for some reason I can find opinions about other containers for WS jumps, but not for Micron, and the UPT rather don't associate itself with WS in any way like on their website with longer bridle, bigger PC, open corners mods available.

For the last 400 or so jumps I've used a UPT V310 with the wingsuit main pack tray mod, long bridle and 33 inch F-111 PC. I also have the semi stowless d-bag and magnetic riser covers. It works great for me whether I'm wingsuiting or freefalling.

I'm considering buying a new Micron 310

Just out of interest, how much do you weigh?

A 310 has a pretty small reserve tray for anyone at a hundred jumps... hopefully you are tiny and have an Optimum :)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

UPT isn't the only manufacturer to offer magnetic riser covers, Jump Shack in the Racer and Basik in the Advance Seven do as well. Also, UPT will cut you a semi-stowless bag for any container if you give them dimensions (if they don't already have them).

JumpShack will also modify and older racer to add magnetic riser covers - if you ask about it. I don't think others will do that...

@Joellercoaster makes a good point about the weight & wingloading. I'm assuming you're going to be safe with it - there are lots of us smaller folks out there, so I'm hoping you're one of them. You have 100 jumps, so I'm also assuming you know enough to talk to instructors at the DZ about what sizes are appropriate for you.

That being said, all of my 200 or so wingsuit jumps are on a Micron. Most on a V310, some on a V304. It's been a great wingsuiting rig for me.

I've never had the cut corners installed - but I do fly with a longer bridle and a stowless bag, and it's worked out fine for me.

Good luck!
Signatures are the new black.

I recently switched from an Icon to the 310. Optimum 160 and Storm 150 are fine on mine, were tight-tight on my friend's rig. UPT has the WS mod with corners, longer bridle an 30-PC. The semi-stowless is really great, I had 1 180 line twist on my last 40 jumps, the rest straight. I consider myself as average packer at best... To consider: the 310 is shorter than other rigs carrying these size of canopies. If you go with Tony wingsuits, this fact is relevant. Not so much with PF, it will just unzip your arm zippers higher at deployment. Most important: do not take the largest Micron just because of the name and consider your wingload on reserve and main as others have said. Difficult openings and potential outlandings are more common with WS than with FF!