clouddancerss

Moody Blues Fans???

Oh man. Sitting in my boyfriend Randy's dorm room my freshman year in college, listening to "Knights in White Satin."

It still gives me goose bumps and makes me feel 18 and hot.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I know they have been getting a lot of play time on the radio around the portland area. I also remember when there music was new, I suppose that dates me a little bit.B|
So why don't you do a poll how many times you dropped acid and listened to the moody blues.
blue skies
jerry

So why don't you do a poll how many times you dropped acid and listened to the moody blues.
blue skies
jerry

Always love Days of Future Past and Search For the Lost Chord, still do, though their later stuff never appealed for some reason. Re your poll I distinctly recall watching all the bright blue hieroglyphics tumbling out of my friend Barry's stereo speakers in his basement during the "House of Four Doors" on the Lost Chord album. Finally bought the CD the day Timothy Leary died.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

blue skies
jerry

Always love Days of Future Past and Search For the Lost Chord, still do, though their later stuff never appealed for some reason. Re your poll I distinctly recall watching all the bright blue hieroglyphics tumbling out of my friend Barry's stereo speakers in his basement during the "House of Four Doors" on the Lost Chord album. Finally bought the CD the day Timothy Leary died.

:)My van has a cassette in the tape player,,, at this very moment with 4 or 5 tracks from the MB's... I listened to it on the way home from the dropzone,, tonight,,,,:S...hahaha
oh yeah....[:/] never did mix it with acid,,,,
but I do mix it with skydiving.............
and I especially liked the albums which were recorded with symphony
orchestras.........

Oh god I love them......

Even the I Know You're Out There Somewhere..... SIGH..... melancholy... but I do wonder about a couple people. I have seen them in concert 6 times.. and its always a thrill. I have most of their CD's and drive freinds and family nuts on the boat or in the truck on long trips...I guess they just hve good musical tastes.

They always make me feel good.

Amazon:)

Yep. I used to race up this little windy road near my house to "the voice." Knights in white satin is a classic of course, and "story in your eyes" - "tuesday afternoon" - "my lady" - "just a singer in a rock and roll band" - a lot of my long distance tapes have moody blues on them.

:P yup-
On the Threshold of a Dream,
Question of Balance,

....Knights in white satin
....Whiter shade of pale
....Ride my seesaw
....Lazy Day
....Ride Captain Ride
....Melancholy Man

Psychedelic rock some would say....????
Awesome sound live, ...
got to get together some tunes for trip to Lost Prairie.

Smiles;)

I love the Moody Blues...I grew up on their music.
Last year I saw them live again in London (Royal Albert Hall) and together with my dad we basicly own everything there is to find (including a lot or rare bootleg stuff:)

I'm a total nut for Blue Jays (Justin and John's duo outing from the moody blues..)

small question though.."Knights in White Satin"..is that some sort of gay cover of "NIGHTS in white satin"? :)

btw. Am I the only one who's a bit bummed about Ray Thomas recent departure from the band?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

....Ride Captain Ride
;)

"Seventy three men sailed out
From the San Francisco Bay..."B|

I love that tune.:D
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

"Octave". That just ruled. I was 16 and on my way to Korea when "Slide Zone" was a hit. Ah, I wax nostalgic.:)
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I think so....or at least a Justin Hayward fan..:)

The show with the London Philharmonic Orchestra was incredible! I think they are one of the few bands that have managed to age gracefully, and they still kick ass on stage :)

But come on people...it's NIGHTS in white satin...nog knights ;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

But come on people...it's NIGHTS in white satin...nog knights

Yeah every time somebody makes that spelling and designation... I start thinking its some veiled KKK meaning or something.....shudder.[:/]

I avoid them sheet wearin folk.

Amazon

But come on people...it's NIGHTS in white satin

:$
I'm so embarrassed! I started that crap.

Umm -- would you believe Randy was my knight? :P And that he had satin sheets on a water bed?

Didn't think so :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)