hooked

Favorite DZ?

*Favorite dz to jump at:
Skydive Arizona in Eloy. Landing area is huge, i have no anxieties while under canopy. Wind indicators couldnt be easier to read. Seperate landing areas.
*Favorite dz when i cant jump:
xkeys
*Favorite dz to work at:
xkeys, the packing mat is ridicuously busy during the season and I honestly had an awesome time being a part of the first time tandem students experiences this summer.
*favorite dz (due to cheapest food/free camping/ok facilites)
Skydive city in Zephrahills.
Xkeys is my home dz and i really love jumping there. The people are awesome, the work is hard but fun, good riggers. great place to learn. Granted, Eloy had a lot of these things too, but its not home.
I've been very happy with the 3 dz's ive jumped at, and liked them each for different reasons.
guess ive just been lucky that i havent hit a shitty dz yet..?
My little corner of the web.

similar feelings to kelly. i've only hit one major dz that i really wouldn't go back to, one smaller one that really doesn't like jumpers other than tandems.
xkeys is home and i love it there. wherever i go it feels like i'm coming home when i'm brigning my gear back. like a family there, esp in the summer.
facility wise, I'm actually really impressed with Carolina SkySports. the place is amazing and the fayards keep the grounds pretty much immaculate. buildings are new. good vibes @ boogies. friendliest dz that i've visited is a toss up between lake wales and chambersburg. can't call that. the ranch has a great party atmosphere and amazing views of the mountains, but limited packing area. sebastian seemed great, but i was in and out in a rush and didn't get to hang around. zhills is just huge..... always something to do...
Stacy
http://users.snip.net/~stacy

ive only been to 6 myself. but i agree with clay(weird, isnt it!)
atlanta was my first dz after my first dz closed and i hadda find a new home. atually thats not true. palatka was my first dz after my first dz closed but it didnt feel like home to me.so atlanta was the first dz that i called my second home!
SKYDIVE TEXAS was really cool too. when i first got there i didnt know about the place(i had driven from south geogia to witchita falls nonstop.then i woke up and rellized i had a day and a half to skydive before i hadd sign itno the base(sheppard) for some follow on training. so i drove back to dectaur and jumped. (it was tuesday) they werent busy and i was the only nostudent!
i went back there everychane i could( it was close,just 50 minutes to drive) i liked the ppl and the dz.
then o i also went ot okc...and met pammi, merrick,kris and sis! so i guess that sums that up. oh yea the dzo is a lunatic! he had me laughing at the things he would say and do!very enjoyable, although if it werent for the ppl i dont know if id go back!
deland was awesome met skymama, aviatr, skymedic (mouth and watcher who i knew from my first dz i called my second home went too) lotsa fun saw a bunch of old friends/acquaintences. ( well they were young but...ahh you know what i mean)
soon i hope to meet a bunch of our australian counterparts and bring some stories to the forums.( i cant wiat to be the one with the accent.and hear them talk their lingo...honestly i thinkit'll be a trip)
til then...
Have fun, LIVE FREE, Skydive
JT

"For those of you who get to travel around, what is your favorite DZ? Doesn't necessarily have to be your home DZ either!"
Good Scenery:- Empuria Spain, Strathallan Scotland, Taupo New Zealand, Sebastian US.
Good Parties:- Empuria, Langar UK, Hibble UK, Vichy France(its a boogie, so doesn't really count)
Good people:- Spaceland (current home) Errol (old home), and just about wherever the prop is turning, when the surf is up.
Still too many DZs not yet visited, not enough time....
D

I've lucked up and found THE jewel of Georgia-- Atlanta AirSportz- with its outstanding staff, great facilities, cool Porter to jump out of, showers, camping, huge landing areas-- it ALWAYS feels like home with our Friday and Saturday night campfires and feasts and our open jump club atmosphere... these are people who jump because they love the sport and they also give back into it 100%- no cliques or crappy attitudes, always family and kid-friendly-- owned and run by skydivers, we have an enthusiastic mix of accuracy jumpers, RW, VRW, sit-flying, pond-swooping, night jumps, all part of the fun... noodle dives.... :D Come play! In a month or so you can laugh at my attempts to learn butt-slide landings... gotta stop breaking these legs, ya know...:D
Brokeneagle.
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

I pretty much have had a good experience at all the DZ's I've been to. In no particular order I love the following..........
Skydive Monterey Bay, CA (My home DZ B|:)Adventure Center Skydiving Hollister, CA (Where I started and my home DZ away from home DZ)
Lodi, CA (Kathy Dause BoogieB|B|)
Byron, CA (up jumper haven :)Elsinore, CA (exellent small DZ vibe for a big DZ B|)
Perris, CA (Just crankin jumps out!!)
Snohomish, WA (Fun little 182 DZ, great people:)Kapowsin, WA (Had one of my funnest jumping days there)
Marana, AZ (went for collegiates Dec 99)
I went to Wash. last year over Labor Day weekend and the one day I spent at Kapowsin was one of my funnest days ever. Not a lot of Jumps but just a good vibe...:)
Why did you land downwind? The winds were blowing the wrong way........;)
Seb B|

I went to Sibson not long ago and will not go again. I have jumped at many dropzones in my career and never have I met staff that are so full of themselves. They are very disorganised, not customer focused and are not at all helpful with existing members or visitors. I actually wonder if they make any money. It appears as if just about all the people on the dropzone are 'staff or friends of staff' so few people pay for jumps. The owners, or specifically Sue Meacock has not got a clue what is going on. She wonders around with her head in the clouds. The CCI is out of touch with modern skydiving and seemed to pick on a few of what appeared to be regulars. Sibson says it is a modern up and coming dropzone but very little gave me that impression. The lift turnaround was so slow I almost felt like packing my kit and getting in the car and going to Langar, where in contrast are so organised that even on a busy day you can get a handful of jumps in.
This post may come across as negative but I have seen so few people post honest reports of dropzones that are unfriendly I felt I had to be the first to tell the truth.

Jonesy

Alright, I"ve Only Jumped at 4 DZ's and only been to 2 Boogies, so What i say probably ain't worth squat, but here are my 4 favorite DZ's in order.
Kansas State University Parachute Club -- Friendly People, good jumps, laid back atmosphere, and wide body Cessna Jumps for $15. My home DZ, so I'm a little Partial.

Skydive Kansas Quite the drive away, but good friendly atmosphere - very safety oriented, good place to jump when I can't make it to KSUPC

Skydive Wichita - also a way cool DZ, i like their Mullins KingAir Boogies and their $35 Chopper Jumps from a Bell 207 that comes out for the boogies.

If anybody is ever traveling through Kansas, Check some of these places out.. Some of the best Jumpers of our time can be found at places like these.....
=========Shaun ==========

If anybody is ever traveling through Kansas

I try to avoid the midwest.. and especially Kansas...something about the atmosphere there messes up the flight dynamics of brooms;)

I saw something about that in some movie with a little dog.. and some girl named Dorothy.

Amazon

Ooohh....ooohhhh....can I play???

Favs so far......
*Tandem Skydive Wanaka(NZ) - best views (by far) I have ever seen on the ride to altitude....field packing on a griddle sucked, but the boogie always rocks there!
*Otago Skydiving Club(NZ) - first dz, good people, I call it home no matter what
*Skydive Atlanta - HUGE hangar, groovy folks, the Disco King (need I say more)
*Raeford - why?....because they are not suckin'!!! The folks rock, the owners rock, the facilities rock(save for the concrete packing floor, but who cares when you're having so much fun), and most importantly - the after-jumping ROCKS!!! Worth every minute of the 5 hours to get there!!

Honorable Mentions: Skydive Monterey Bay - lived in the area all my life, but the $20 scenic flight and a skydive package is ssswwweeeeeettt!!!
*Skydive Dallas - large dz in BUMF*^K TX, but great folks - cool party scene, choice facilities, and home of my buddy - Freaksis!!

Worst so far:
*Atlanta Skydiving Center/Alabama Skydiving Center/Adventure Skydiving Center/Skydive Georgia......I can't remember the rest, but I'm sure there are more!!! - bad vibe, poor treatment, tight landing area with bad outs, generally all around bad feeling about this dz, but not here to air dirty laundry.

Honorable Mentions (not so bad, but not great):
*Great Lakes Skydive Center (NZ) - cliquey vibe to the folks jumping, felt more like a tandem client than an up-jumper, but NOTHING beats the view from the plane, or under canopy!

Looking forward to checking out Chester, SC and some FL dz's soon - so who knows.

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic

So hard to pick a favorite DZ. So many DZs have awesome things about them.

Moss Point has the best showers/bathrooms
Skydive Chicago has the best planes
Raeford has the best DZOs
Skydive Greene County has the best pilots

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

ok NOW I've been to 16 dz's!
I dont know which is my fav anymore. There are so many cool people at most of the dz's Ive gone too.

I loved going to australia though. even though i had a blast and was taken care of I still cant consdier it my FAVORITE!
Loved- AUSTRALIA, Atlanta, Perris,deland and Eloy as they are FAST PACED DZ's.

Loved- palatka,daytona(especially daytona; my 1st home) Decatur and OCS were cool, Long island was lotsa fun.
then theres' mesquite, gravity zone ( my new home) laughlin,Elsinore, Dallas...
then there was Las vegas skydive- thats a different story though.

I liked all for many diff reasons. I guess my Fav is my NEXT one. I love to travel;)
My photos

My Videos