VanillaSkyGirl

Food Poisoning...HELP!!! Send vibes please...

I was quite sick when I left for my trip to Peru, but I eventually got over my flu. Last night, however, I took a red-eye flight back to the states, and I had the most painful flight of my life. The excruciating, stomach-churning pain began even before I boarded the plane.

IT WAS UNREAL...just under 9 hours of PURE HELL. I can't believe that I was still conscious when I arrived this morning. I had a horrible case of food poisoning compounded with antibiotics and an anti-malaria pill consumed with this fateful dinner. (The restaurant is usually so top-notch...WTF happened!?! :()

It hurt to sit cramped and swollen like that for so many hours. My whole torso hurt from my neck down. I couldn't even breath. This was AFTER having endured a painful flight that same morning from Iquitos (Amazon) to Lima, Peru. (In this case, I was in pain from my chronic (private) health conditions as I had STUPIDLY run out of my daily medication.) Anyway, I was in pain already from these other problems and sick, so I had taken antibiotics.

OHHH MYYYY GOOODDDDD!!! The food-poisoning combined with the pre-existing health conditions left me hot, weak and out of breath in pain. My heart was racing...I could not get comfortable AT ALL! I barely made it into the bathroom when I puked the first time. Yes...all the seafood came out.

Thank God that the man sitting next to me did not eat anything on the plane because the plane food smell was making me even more nauseous. Anyway, I arrived in L.A. at almost 8 a.m., but then I had to go through immigration/customs/security. Thank God for the bathrooms as I had to run in for a little while.

It's funny...there were like a dozen stalls in the restroom area, but as I'm trying to calm myself down from throwing up....another lady walked in to one right next to me and also threw up...LOUDLY. Great.

Every step hurt my stomach, but I finally finished and found my luggage. I was picked up by my brother who was a tiny bit late. Every second was a lifetime. I am currently in my apartment, but I am still in pain. It is not over. Help me. Please send vibes or let me know what to do. Who has had food poisioning, and how long does this last?

Whoa that sounds pretty awfull[:/]

let me start with tons of vibes your way~~~~~~

i got really sick from some food once, time is usually the best healer, but one thing made me fill a bit better:Thyme tea
if you have some Thyme herbs, put some in a pot and put some water in and then boil it as if you were making tea.
it is a thyme tea and it helps stomach .
More good vibes your way ~~~~~~~`

Live the Sky

S-

its probably one of the most uncomfortable common things that can happen to someone illness wise. It really sucks. Definitely go see your doctor.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

<< VIBES >>

Hey, definately do call an MD... It may not be simple food poisoning, it might be dysentary or similar, considering where you've been, and antibiotics can make that worse... and you're better off knowing and being safe than sorry. I've had a few really nasty food poisoning episodes and I know how bad they suck. :( Poor girl. Hang in there.

Look at the bright side: Really bad stomach cramps suck, but you'll end up with 6-pack abs afterwards. ;)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Rosa,
You sent me love and vibes, when I needed them, so here's
(((((((vibes))))))
right back at ya! Hope you feel better real soon!!!
About food poisoning - I've been a vegetarian most of my life, and I've never had food poisonig, that I know of anyway, so maybe the answer is to quit eating meat? (Don't want to start a debate with all the carnivores!)
Love and vibes

Thank you for all the vibes and suggestions, friends! :)
My parents are still in Peru, or I would have talked with the first doctor in my life, my dad. The second doctor in my life just left. She is my brother's wife, and she went grocery shopping for me with my brother for foods that will be more forgiving. She and I already talked about the possibilities of my illness, and she concluded that it was food poisoning.

Also, don't worry Clownburner, I decided on the plane that I am not taking any more antibiotics until I feel MUCH better. I need to be better for a meeting with clients in San Diego for a freelance job this Wednesday and for my water training this Friday.

I feel a little better, but very, very tired. Either of my brothers would rush over if need be. I just want to rest in my apartment and read posts (Post Whore!) for now...I need to catch up...

Thank you, Jason, and EVERYONE else for the vibes.

You know what, Jason? For the last ten years or so, I have had very little appetite for meat. Although I am not a vegetarian, I love veggie meals. This makes my younger brother's girlfriend so happy as she is also a vegetarian and huge animal lover. I truly, truly respect that.

However, eating seafood, which I soooo love, is how I got the food poisoning. Isn't that sad? [:/]

You poor thing. That totally sucks. I can't even imagine being stuck on a plane while experiencing food poisining. Ick. Hope you get to feeling better quickly. Hugs to you.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Never had it, never want to. Vibes, good luck.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Hey Rosa,

Hope yer feelin better by the weekend. Yep, night jumps this weekend, which means H2O training the day before. (BTW, we got a pool at El Snore, now, but not deep enough for our fun.;)) Me and Yoyo will be hosting the class. Of course you need a shark in the water for this one. Anywho, my diagnosis is that you are homesick.:P

Oh dear, bad juju...

I had it as a young kid. Mine was Shrimp Cocktail. I would order them all the time. I thought I was so elegant.

I was watching John Wayne and we were on a family vacation. Exactly 12 hours later, kawhamo- About died... my stomach pain increased and increased then violent terribleness... everything went out every body orifice.

The body detects a bad deal and the only natural thing to do is get it OUT pronto. So it saved your life. Horses cant throw up so they die of colic, for example.

Food illness- Its all very convienent as well, just when you are out of town.

I sure hope you get better very soon. I belive you should take it very easy for a bit. Indeed a lower immune system doesnt help at all.

Best Wishes, Ann

~AirAnn~