b52

firefly suit order

I ordered a firefly suit about 4 weeks ago and have unfortunately not received a response or confirmation yet. I called, left a voicemail, sent an email...no response. As I understand they were closed for a few days.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Sounds like nothing has changed in the last 7-8 years since I ordered my suit. I hadn't heard anything for 8 weeks, called up to find out wtf was up with my suit, and then they made it over the next three days and sent it out to me.

Suit was well made and has lasted close to 1000 jumps.

Looking into the market for a new suit coming up... however, if customer service is still like this....

They make great suits but their customer service is horrible. This has happened over and over again with this company. I ordered a suit from them in July and didn’t see it until November. And of course I kept getting the ‘it will be done this week’ story when they would finally answer a phone or reply to an email – which wasn’t often. And the order was incomplete (which the fixed pretty quickly) when I did finally see it. So now I tell anyone that asks that yes they make good suits just be prepared to wait.
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

I love my Firefly gear but overall most the jumpsuit manufacturers are horrible in their customer service. I ordered a new suit from one maker this year in May and got it in my hands at the start of October just in time to finish the season out 2 weeks later. My Firefly suit took 8 weeks the last time I placed an order and when I was looking at a new suit this time around I was quoted 13-15 weeks from one maker. Over all none of the makers are that great at delivery times or communicating to their customers in my experiences.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

i just ordered a liquid sky suit and the service has been awesome! answered my questions and sent a quote quickly. the lead time is a bit long, but the suits are definitely worth it, look amazing and are well made. cant wait to jump it!
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"

I love my Firefly gear but overall most the jumpsuit manufacturers are horrible in their customer service. I ordered a new suit from one maker this year in May and got it in my hands at the start of October just in time to finish the season out 2 weeks later. My Firefly suit took 8 weeks the last time I placed an order and when I was looking at a new suit this time around I was quoted 13-15 weeks from one maker. Over all none of the makers are that great at delivery times or communicating to their customers in my experiences.

Wow, you've ordered suits from most of the manufacturers to come to this conclusion?

I've bought suits from 4 manufacturers in the last few years. The last two suits were from Ouragan (last year) and Vertical (this year).

I had responses from both companies on the same days I made the inquiries and both called to confirm the measurements and details of my orders to make sure everything was perfect.

I received my Ouragan in 6 days and my vertical in 2 weeks.

The pre-purchase and post-purchase service has been absolutely excellent and has exceeded my expectations. Both suits also fit perfectly and are ridiculously high quality.

I have several hundred jumps and about 35 hours in the tunnel on the Ouragan and it's still like new.

Doesn't seem congruent with your experience of all manufacturers being not that great with delivery times and communicating to their customers.

Any updates? Have you gottenyour suit or heard anything more with Firefly? I am considering putting an order in for a suit from them and am wondering how it has worked out for you. I emailed them some questions I had on my suit a couple months ago and never heard anything from them. I have an old suit that I got used that is built top notch, but I would the customer service is troubling. Thanks.

Yes Firefly is still in business. I would recommend trying to contact them through your local dealer or contact the dealer you order through. A good dealer should have a good relationship with the manufacturer and more than likely can get answers and things done quicker than the average person contacting the manufacturer directly.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com