craichead

AndyMan is NOT my boyfriend!

Okay, finally...details.

Last night we had a small dinner party on our rooftop with Andy's bosses. After they had all gone, we started cleaning up in the kitchen, and I dunno how it came up (lots of alcohol had just been consumed), but I made some crack about our never getting married because we were too poor. Andy played along and said that was true. He dumped all the ice out of the cooler into the sink, put it down, and went to the bathroom (or so I thought).

I continued cleaning up, and he walked up behind me, put his head on my shoulder and said, "You're right. I don't think we're ever gonna get married...unless you put this on your finger" as he flashed a diamond ring in front of my face.

Long pause as I stared at it, dumbstruck. I took it from him, turned to face him, and started hugging and kissing him madly. I stopped briefly, we looked into each other's eyes, held hands, and he said, "Will you marry me?" In a whisper, I said yes.

Attempted to put the ring on my finger, but it's a size or two too small! So, I'm wearing the ring on my pinky until we can get it resized. Andy said that his mom had given it to him over Easter weekend (when I met his family for the first time). She figured that he would need it sooner or later. :)
Anyway, we resumed mad kissing and hugging, which led to other things... ;)

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Mom gave me the ring back at easter, and I'd been sitting on it ever since. I'd had a few conditions in mind - I wanted work to be going well, I wanted to be getting paid. I'd wanted to have met her family.

Well, both conditions came true. Work is going well, I am being paid. I met her parents 2 weekends ago, and got along nicely.

That left only one thing - how to do it? Should I do the whole expensive restaurant thing? Down on one knee? Drop it in a glass of champagne? Have a baker put it inside a fortune cookie?

I supose there's a lot of men in the world who would do it that way, but I'm not one of them. Nor, do i think craichead is the kind of girl who'd insist on it. Plus, I don't have a lot of money these days, because I've barely gotten paid for the last six monthes. (I'm an entrepreneur).

Eventually I decided that waiting around for the "perfect" oportunity was silly, and time was passing.

So, I threw out any idea of doing some big expensive grandiose proposal, and cut to the chase. Sprung the ring, and we've been glowing ever since. Truth be told, I'd almost sprung it on her the night before.

Some people might have wanted to do it in a very different style, but I don't care. I do most things in life my own way, for the better or worse.

I've never been more sure of any decision I've ever made.

Thank you all for your friendship and support.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Wish you guys were going to be here this weekend to "correctly" congratulate you - guess will have to wait.

"Correctly" congratulate us?! What the heck does THAT mean? Should we bring raincoats?! :S

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

AndyMan & craichead
Wonderful news indeed.

Your sitpulations on your life going well into the marriage is a good thing. Having the ring and waiting for the time is a text in unbelieveable patience. The idea of a spontaneous moment is really great. I cant think fo too much to say other than how very lucky you both are to have found your soul mate.

The reading of the combination of these two notes jerked a tear from my eye. [:/] I owe beer.

B|B|;)

~AirAnn~

I already PM'd you, but just have to add my congrats publicly. I feel so proud that I saw you two meet! :)

How did I miss most of that other thread Erica mentioned up top? LOL big time at the 'down under' remark - how could I not have seen that coming?

:ph34r:

Yay for you guys.
Lotsa love
Eiley

nothing to see here

That is such the perfect way for it to happen!! I love it!! So great & super spontaneous - WONDERFUL REALLY!!

Hmmm, raincoats may be appropriate... you'll never know till it hits you :P

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

hmnmmmm, me thinks some one has IM'd a PPG

But of course...there is very little that escapes my attention...most of the time I stand in the fire....and say nothing. This time however, I felt it important to remind all of those that have found love matches here on DZ.
You are required to pay pimping fees to Sangrio;):P

hmnmmmm, me thinks some one has IM'd a PPG

But of course...there is very little that escapes my attention...most of the time I stand in the fire....and say nothing. This time however, I felt it important to remind all of those that have found love matches here on DZ.
You are required to pay pimping fees to Sangrio;):P

I'll gladly buy him jumps.... :)