barbs666

Wings Vision VS Mirage G3/G4

Tough Choice for me;

Getting back in to jumping again and want to get a new rig.

I have narrowed it down to these two:

Wings Vision.
Mirage G3 OR G4.

I will be getting it from here: http://www.para-service.com/

Will be putting a Pilot 168 package and a similar size reserve in it.
Any suggestions?
Ease of packing? Fitting? etc?
will be keeping it for a while.

Thanks any help will be appreciated!
Wings container; Main: 168' ZPX Pilot; Reserve: Smart 160'; Cypres 2;

I had a Mirage G3 M5 with a Sabre2 190 and PD-R176, it fit like a brick (bought used, but harness fit was great, container not so much).

Haven't had a Wings yet but those I know that own them, love them.

Both are easy to pack, Mirages are slightly harder to make look pretty when it comes to reserve repacks (not an issue, just an aesthetic thing that your rigger may or may not know how to work thru)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hi,

thanks for the replies!

I dont have that many - 40, but am no stranger to flying a canopy (some paragliding stuff).

I am leaning towards the Wings as it seems to be very popular and has great reviews.

I am looking to keep the rig for a long time, and maybe downsize to no smaller than 150 if needed but will prob stay on the 168.
Wings container; Main: 168' ZPX Pilot; Reserve: Smart 160'; Cypres 2;

I just went through this question myself. I ended up getting a Wings. I think I Mirage makes an excellent rig but I liked the Wings more AND it was significantly less expensive.

In the last couple of weeks I had a great experience with Sunrise. I got my shiny new rig but the harness didn't fit right. There were questions about the measurements that I sent in and the problem arose from there. After some discussion with them they asked me to send it back. They are going to re-make much of my harness and send it back. They have been SO easy to work with and eager to get me into exactly what I needed.

I have gotten used to average or downright crappy service these days. Sunrise went way above and beyond for me and I appreciate it.

Also, I made the mistake of putting a few jumps on it before I sent it back and now I really don't want to jump my other rig because it just doesn't measure up. My Wings is really comfortable, even with the harness issue.

Just my 2 cents!

Tough Choice for me;

Getting back in to jumping again and want to get a new rig.

I have narrowed it down to these two:

Wings Vision.
Mirage G3 OR G4.

I will be getting it from here: http://www.para-service.com/

Will be putting a Pilot 168 package and a similar size reserve in it.
Any suggestions?
Ease of packing? Fitting? etc?
will be keeping it for a while.

Thanks any help will be appreciated!

I just recently went thru this.... I chose the Wings because of the significant price difference (granted I won a 50% off coupon). I absolutely love my Wings container. I'm buying another (2nd) rig and I plan on another Wings regardless of price. :)
Just my 1 1/2 cents.... (adjusted for inflation)

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Hi,

thanks for the replies!

I dont have that many - 40, but am no stranger to flying a canopy (some paragliding stuff).

I am leaning towards the Wings as it seems to be very popular and has great reviews.

I am looking to keep the rig for a long time, and maybe downsize to no smaller than 150 if needed but will prob stay on the 168.

If you're set on Wings, Do me (and yourself) one favor. Do not get the Cut In Lateral option on a wings. It will nearly guarentee a fit problem if you do anything but fly belly to earth.

That is one option that should not be available to anyone with curves or is tiny. Even average sized folks have fit issues with the cut ins.

Out of the choices you listed, I would prefer the Mirage. But if you get a screaming deal on the wings, it's hard to pass up. Just don't get the cut in laterals. (notice the trend about cut in laterals starting?)

My preferred rig is an Infinity by the way.

....... no cut in laterals.....

Good luck!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Hi,

I love the cut in laterals of my new wings. Maybe it's heavily dependant of body shape (I'm the 5'11" more skinny type) if they improve the fit.

My old rig without them was a pain in back flying cause it shifted sideways affecting a stable body position.
The new one with the cut in's moves nowhere :)
Martin

Hi,

thanks for the replies!

If you're set on Wings, Do me (and yourself) one favor. Do not get the Cut In Lateral option on a wings. It will nearly guarentee a fit problem if you do anything but fly belly to earth.

That is one option that should not be available to anyone with curves or is tiny. Even average sized folks have fit issues with the cut ins.

Out of the choices you listed, I would prefer the Mirage. But if you get a screaming deal on the wings, it's hard to pass up. Just don't get the cut in laterals. (notice the trend about cut in laterals starting?)

My preferred rig is an Infinity by the way.

....... no cut in laterals.....

Good luck!

Ive had cut in laterals on both of my wings rigs. Never had any fit issue. The good thing about dealing with Wings is their customer service. So if there was a fit problem, they would promptly take care of it.

Get the wings!