rhino

Thank you God...... Have you thanked God lately?

Judging from your remark, you certainly are a SAD CASE SUE.
EH HEM!!!! I do answer back so choose your words carefully before you show yourself up as an uneducated idiot who has learned nothing in life besides the way some one else has taught you. You are a FOLLOWER.

Oh Dear!!!! Who the Fuck are you, GOD's right hand MAN? I doubt that very HIGHLY!!! Why don't you believe whatever you believe quietly and ask yerself some simple questions! What gives YOU the right to Talk down to ANYONE? Is That what you have learned from being a Religious? If IT IS, you are the SAD one, you have totally missed the boat and I hate to say it, but your sinking in Quick sand.

May God open your eyes before its too late to correct you. There are none so blind as those who will not see....SAD, it sure is.:(:(

As for this remark, you are a very shallow person in saying that to anyone. What makes you think you are so RIGHT. Did your GOD not tell you to treat others as you wish to be treated? Well Chuteless, the BOOTs on the other foot now, Isn't IT.

Ever heard "let the man who is FREE FROM SIN cast the first stone, or where you asleep in your Cathocism Class for that one too.

Be Much more INFORMED before you DARE attack other people because the do not agree with your beliefs.

Thank you!!!!!!

Hope you don't get Banned!

Rhino, most of the people I know and care about don't buy into your version of "serve him THIS way or burn in hell" which means by your standards they're all going to hell.

I never said that.. You simply have to be saved ;)

Good Post...
I'd like to thank All That Is Good, for the ability to skydive! And to be the best damm Drum Teacher in Arizona! Also, for those 2 blondes that night in Yuma, back in '93, THAT was ROCKIN'!!! AMEN
Total Atheist Nice to meet others! If anyone yells at me for not believing in their god, here this, I'l never jump with you!!! Not that you'd want to jump with me anyway, I suck.

For Sue: -laughter and applause- well spoken! I'll save you a spot by the fire in hell with all the other good people.
For Rhino: Again, I DO hope you outgrow that someday. To put it in polite language, your mental hygiene leaves much to be desired. Having this imperative telling people they must be "saved" or face eternal torture irrespective of life love and quality...to carry such a disconnected-from-reality program in your mind must itch like a sonofabitch. Reading Stephen Hawking may offer some relief from the discomfort and some perspective on how little what you think has to do with what IS.
Hell is bitterness rage and regret. Heaven is growth learning respect life light and friends. I have discarded the former and embraced the latter. What do I need to be saved for?
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Lurch, ye know what? I don't give a toss what people think of me on here, the point of being here is to be myself and I think that some people require a large crowd behind them to make em feel secure. If I'm wrong then I'll deal with it ffs... I'm not scared, or if I am I love it. Thats why I skydive!!! ;)

Hope you don't get Banned!

Well, reading that post of yours I got the image of a schoolteacher scolding the hell out of some punk...that was a beautiful beating you just delivered, richly deserved and long overdue. Ignorance is one thing, sheer bad manners is another. One is excusable, the other, he should have known better. If you come off like a 10 year old fundamentalist preacher to a bunch of skydivers you should expect to get smacked for it.:ph34r:
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Rhino, most of the people I know and care about don't buy into your version of "serve him THIS way or burn in hell" which means by your standards they're all going to hell.

I never said that.. You simply have to be saved ;)

You are talking to people that drink and have a good time....yes your answer is correct by far...but some of these folks willl be 'repenting' lol

Thank you god for giving me the strength to say that.

This has been a long thread.....

Lots of different answers....maybe the reads of the posts will help someone.

Hey your beautiful baby came into this world yet

Why not? I mean, you get wine immediately after. What's wine without cheese?

I've always thought that the whole purpose of the wine had nothing to do with the Eucharist but it was just to wash the taste of the communion hosts out of your mouth.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

not replying to anyone in particular...

I'm very sorry this thread has deteriorated to where it has gone. I'm not sorry for honest debate, even if it has a few barbs thrown in just for fun. However, so many Christians are so fast to condemn others and so many non-Christians are so fast to ridicule and scoff... it's truly sad.[:/]

Can't both sides just try and discuss the issues at hand w/o resorting to such negativism and hatred? If not then why don't those parties just shut their mouths? Is that asking too much? Maybe...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Michael... I'm in full agreement w/ you. The post started out to thank God. It was not an invitation to a religous debate.
There is a difference between honest discussion where learning is involved & a pushy debate where neither side really ever hears what the other is saying.

so many Christians are so fast to condemn others and so many non-Christians are so fast to ridicule and scoff... it's truly sad

Even if I don't agree much w/ SadSue, in her post responding to Chute... she pointed out the "throw the first stone..." issue - that is so true & it is sad how quickly so many are ready to throw the stone, when the real need is to look inside yourself & work through things their first.
There is no way anyone is going to show someone else the way to their "thruth" by going on some long demanding diatriable on how incorrect they are. The only way is by honestly living the way you are "preaching" & letting others see you & develope a sense of that way over time.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

[big hug] I couldn't have said it better myself.

I was talking on the phone to a friend I've made here at DZ.com, who essentially said the same thing... You are much more effective at "evangelizing" or "testifying" or "showing others your God" simply by the way you live. The most effective Christians I've ever met are those who do the least amount of talking and the most amount of living and loving. I know that is something I need to learn to do more of. So, thanks God for that realization.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

[[big hug]] back @ ya!

It's an amazingly tough way to live. I know for sure I fail all the time. But it's getting back up & trying again... hopefully someone will see the good side of me.
As for being a Christian or any other religous believer, most teach to do 2 things
1) truely believe &
2) do to others as you would have done to you...
but 2 gets tricky say for people that believe they will be rewarded in the after life for dieing for their faith. So, they WOULD like to be a martyr, therefore? they are willing to make others a martyr... does that make sense?

I thank God that he gave me a brain & has helped me learn to use it fully.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

You are talking to people that drink and have a good time....yes your answer is correct by far...but some of these folks willl be 'repenting'

and many of us have nothing to repent for...since we dont subscribe to your belief system..

this is exactly the "looking down your nose" attitude i find so arrogant in many christians..

how many of you would consider putting that "in case of rapture this vehicle will be unmanned" bumper sticker on your car??

arent arrogance and presumption two of your sins as well??:S

this is exactly the "looking down your nose" attitude i find so arrogant in many christians..

true, but there are some atheists who are the same way towards believers.

pesonally, I am a Christian, but I became that way through a long period of study & thought & reading etc.

I don't believe you can really change anyone's mind about a thing like this through chatting on a web forum. And anyway I think everyone just has to walk his/her own path.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------