Karolis

Vector 3 vs Basik seven

i'm looking to buy a rig and can't decide between Vector 3 and Basik seven.

Vector 3 is atractive because of skyhook and you know safety first

on the other hand Basik seven is much more comfy.

so maybe you can post some of your experiance and opinions

While often in the minority I don't believe the availability of a skyhook should be a deciding factor. Pick a rig, then decide on the options you want that are available on that rig. Remember a skyhook is an OPTION. With both positives and negatives.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

While often in the minority I don't believe the availability of a skyhook should be a deciding factor. Pick a rig, then decide on the options you want that are available on that rig. Remember a skyhook is an OPTION. With both positives and negatives.

Look, if all new rigs offer the same safety and comfort? ;)

Seems mostly positive... :P

I was going through a similar choice recently, so here's what I ended up deciding. The wait time on a new vector 3 is over half a year currently... While I would like the options that are provided etc, I am not quite at the point where I want to wait that long. So in the end, I decided on a rig that I would be comfortable with and get much faster... I want to actually be able to jump it in the springs :)

Just a note, this only really matters if you are looking at new rigs (obviously) :D

In the grand scheme of things a Skyhook is just another version of an RSL and if you search on here you will find there are both pros and cons to every RSL including the Skyhook.

So read up and perhaps it will help you make a decision.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

At my DZ we have a shed load of PF Tandems and we had for a 2 year period, one Advance Tandem rig.

It wore like shit, from what I see in France the Advance rigs don't wear that well, just my view with what I've seen and heard. I have no axe to grind and don't use either rigs you are asking about, instead a Javelin which I find very comfortable. If ever I was to move away from my Javelins I'd probably go UPT.

Seems mostly positive... :P

The student that had his non-RSL side riser due to the Collins lanyard may disagree with you.

The Skyhook RSL (its full name) is an RSL, all said and done. It will work about 150' faster (than your reserve that is designed to open in about $300.

A back up device should not be what makes you choose one rig over another, especially when you are expected to pay several hundred dollars for a "safety" option.

If it is safer, why is it not standard?
Not again!

The student that had his non-RSL side riser due to the Collins lanyard may disagree with you.

You mean the one that was a result of broken stitching that was identified and put on alert for riggers as well as changing the manufacturing process to help try to prevent it?

Also, the Skyhook didn't do that, the Collins lanyard did.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Also, the Skyhook didn't do that, the Collins lanyard did.

True :)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4114143;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=100;

A few thousand feet from 300' AGL would've put him a few thousand feet below the ground when it worked... perhaps we're talking about different incidents?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

A few thousand feet from 300' AGL would've put him a few thousand feet below the ground when it worked... perhaps we're talking about different incidents?

According to some witnesses the reserve PC was seen "for some time "trailing behind the jumper, and the jumper himself said that :"My harness (Vector) did slide up on my body about 6 inches after that opening"

When do you think that the reserve PC jumped out?
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen