sinker

airline pics

i'm told these aren't photoshopped... dunno. look good though...

one is dc-10 departing zurich in fog, flame out or whatever it's called when your engine burps fire and pops real loud scaring the shit out of all your passengers...

two is new 737 delivered to aireuropa hub in spain?? maybe??, pilot doing low flyby. I'd say...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

do you mean on the shadow of wings there are no ENGINES? well, actually there is on the one facing the viewer... it's real thin, but that could be accounted for by the sun... I'm not convinced it's photoshopped.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I'm not saying that it is not a PS job... but if you look closer at the shadow there is an engine visible and it is close to the right length... if anything it is at the wrong angle, although it could just be that the sun is at a very high angle... a close inspection of the pixels did not show any tell-tale signs of PSing.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Explain what? Aren't the little green men allowed to watch a cool looking low pass every now and again... or could that just be an out of focus building suffering from high jpeg compression?

Edit to add explination after AggieDave added his picture...

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

But how do you explain this?

edit: D'oh, gotta attach the file too!

I'm so dissapointed in you guys. How the hell could you miss this ??

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

do you mean on the shadow of wings there are no ENGINES? well, actually there is on the one facing the viewer... it's real thin, but that could be accounted for by the sun... I'm not convinced it's photoshopped.

They did a pretty decent job on the PS. The shadows are correct. But, the white of the plane is the wrong color white. The color looks like it was darkened to match the background. The only problem is... if it was casting such a perfect shadow like it is, the plane would be bright and highlighted by the sun's reflection on the top. However the dullness of the plane and the background indicate the pics were taken or modified to look like they were taken on an overcast day. There would not be a perfect shadow.

To me the plane color and the crispness of the shadow just stands out and screams PS.

But how do you explain this?

edit: D'oh, gotta attach the file too!

I'm so dissapointed in you guys. How the hell could you miss this ??

I found more to this too. I didn't notice anything on Snopes...so... :P;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!