alygator

sabre2 150 vs safire2 149

flight would be same same, I also prefer Safire for landings, this is personal again.
Also Safire comes with vectran lines which I also prefer to Microline. Maybe now Sabre2 could come with the orange vectran, but according to orderforms it doesn't.

Sabre 2 is a +/++ canopy
Safire 2 ia a ++/+++ canopy
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Safire2 is better opening but feels a little less 'sporty' in the air to me. (Sabre2 170 vs Safire2 169)

Both have great flare, I went with the Safire for the openings.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

flight would be same same, I also prefer Safire for landings, this is personal again.

I prefer landings on the Sabre 2, I like the openings on the Safire better. YMMV.

Also Safire comes with vectran lines which I also prefer to Microline. Maybe now Sabre2 could come with the orange vectran, but according to orderforms it doesn't.

No Vectran from PD, HMA if you ask.

I had 200 wingsuit jumps on my safire2 170 before I downsized to a ZPX pilot 150 (which I like just as much). The safire2 has great openings, flying characteristics, and a huge amount of flare. I have jumped a sabre2 in the past and it had a slight more sporty feel but felt better openings was more important for wingsuit flying as that's all I do now. You can't go wrong with a safire2. If you don't go with a safire2 the pilot and storm are great alternatives. Just my 2 cents :)
Base# 1638

you already know my preference of the Safire openings

What is it about the Safire opening that you prefer? Second question is a Safire trimmed as steeply as a Sabre 2?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

great soft openings with a rather long but controlled snivel.
AFAIK the Safire is trimmed a tad flatter than the Sabre2, but not very different.

Thanks. It sounds similar to what I have heard about a Pilot then.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Check out the Pilot for several reasons. I've jumped all three and the Pilot is the sportiest of the three by far. It opens consistently without sniveling like the Safire 2 or the end cell issues like the Sabre 2 and you can buy one for much less.

Really? I disagree with " Pilot is the sportiest of the three by far."

I would say hands down the Safire 2. I like the Pilot but Icarus just does things better in my opinion.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

From the wingsuit perspective both the Pilot (100 WS jumps) and the Safire2 (200 WS jumps) are great canopy's. I would say they are similar in flare power and flying performance but different in opening. Yes the safire2 has more snivel than the pilot but not in an uncomfortable way to me. I have never had a hard opening with the safire2 no matter how quality my pack job (or packers) was and even when I deploy in my wingsuit in full horizontal flight (sometimes 120-130 mph) I still don't have hard openings. The negative of the opening if there is one is line twists can occur more (in a wingsuit) if your packing is off (or deployment body position) because you are in the deployment phase longer with the snivel (but this was not that common still). Sometimes I was able to give gental imputs to the risers during the snivel to get out of them. The pilot has less line twists as the opening is faster but still very comfortable. I have had 1 or 2 hard opening ( so really very few out of 100) from full wingsuit flight from a crap pack job. That's my experience with them. Either way there both exceptional for wingsuit flight. :)
Base# 1638

Check out the Pilot for several reasons. I've jumped all three and the Pilot is the sportiest of the three by far. It opens consistently without sniveling like the Safire 2 or the end cell issues like the Sabre 2 and you can buy one for much less.

Ditto. I've flown all 3 in varying sizes and owned various safire's and a pilot 124. IMO the pilot is the least sportiest of the 3.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Ditto. I've flown all 3 in varying sizes and owned various safire's and a pilot 124. IMO the pilot is the least sportiest of the 3.

I totally agree.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

i talked to wink about speeding up the opening a bit, and after talking to him i just let the nose hang when i cocoon it and it has been opening much snappier than before when i would split the nose and roll each side. its not comfortably quick the way i like it. the safire2 is an awesome canopy, responsive, awesome flare and great glide, the sabre2 is a little snappier, still has a great flare and is fun to fly as well. the pilot has awesome openings and feels great to fly. i dont think you can really go wrong with either of those canopies
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"