linuxguy

Inspirational Weekend

This weekend was very inspirational for me, as I saw something that made me appreciate our sport and the Human Will.
I did not jump this weekend, but went with a few of my jumping friends to go and watch some of our other buddies jump.
When we got to the dropzone, there was a guy in a wheelchair sitting in a group behind us, who we later saw getting kitted up, with the help of his friends.
It took him about 0,5 hr to get ready to jump, but then his load was called and he was wheeled to the plane.
the load jumped and as we watched all the canopies open we finally saw his open and watched him land, the entire dropzone cheered at this.
unfortunately I did not get a chance to go and say how proud i was to see him jump and what an inspiration he was, ( I am sure many have told him b4).
But It just reminded me to be thankfull for the opportunities I have, to always follow my dreams and to always do the "impossible".
We all have tough times, I am sure most of us have not experienced as much pain / heartache as what he has, and it just shows that we can get over what ever hardship comes our way - if we put our mind and heart into it.

To the Jumper -
I do not know your name at all - but you have inspired 1 and I am sure many more ppl.
May you have many blue skies, awsome skydives and soft landings.