leapdog

Unknown canopy?

Has anyone heard of a canopy called a unit 2 sized in 254 or 256?

The "Unit" series came from the 1980's. F-111 9 cells that came in 4 sizes, if I remember right. Not sure what number equated to what size.

Known for very slow openings. I rode a Unit IV for 2,000 feet once before it finally opened. Nice landing, though. Even if it was a mile from the DZ.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Has anyone heard of a canopy called a unit 2 sized in 254 or 256?

The "Unit" series came from the 1980's. F-111 9 cells that came in 4 sizes, if I remember right. Not sure what number equated to what size.

Known for very slow openings. I rode a Unit IV for 2,000 feet once before it finally opened. Nice landing, though. Even if it was a mile from the DZ.;)

I had a Unit lll that ya could deploy 1/2 through the dive, THEN finish a few more points...:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

In a galxy far away a long time ago...there were a few "Wally Goes Skydiving" videos. Very humorous and poor color quality. A series of humorous skydiving shots, some scantily clad females, etc.. Interspersed with these humorous skydiving vignettes were fake ads. One such ad was advertising Security Unit III's or maybe just Units in general. "Openings by Security" The fake ad was to the effect that if you wanted a parchute that would actually open, the Unit was not for you, and showed a typical streamer. I had a Unit III for a while and the damn thing never opened very good. I remeber being streamered on one jump to the exrent that my open pant legs inflated up into my crotch, as I was still essentially in freefall, but standing up. The Units were pieces of crap. Base jump? Hah! maybe from 2000 feet up, and hope it opens before impact.