Bodhisattva420

Is this shit misrouted?

Is that safe?

Not really.

The routing shown in the photo will work, but sooner or later either you or a friend will route the RSL under the reserve riser because it looks better that way even though it would be very wrong.

Get a pair of risers intended for a ripcord-side RSL.

Mark

If you bought it from chutingstar, I'm sure they will take care of you and set you up with the correct RSL/riser setup you need.

You could have a master rigger do it, but depending on how much they charge, it might be cheaper to swap the risers with chutingstar (assuming they are new and haven't been jumped yet).

Edited for spelling
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Hi Bod,
My favorite expression in a situation like this is,"Get me an Engineer and get the Drawing*!!" What ever the ASSY # and or PART # of the piece of equipment for the rig you have will have Drawings (Blue Prints) to show the specs of that piece of gear!! Check it to the Drawing!!! If it looks like and has all the correct webbing, cords and stitching then it should be ok!! That is, providing that QC did their job right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::D:DB|;);) Been there, done that and got the T-shirt!!
(*) Drawing..."Cartoon" as Gordo Foster would say:ph34r::ph34r::D:DB|;);)
BTW, "IF" the "Change" was incorporatred in Shop and not noted, "THEN" it would behove Manufacturing to get Engineering to "Red Line" the drawing and incorporate the "Change" to the next Change letter on the drawing!! Funny how that goes????:ph34r::DB|;);)

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Bod,
My favorite expression in a situation like this is,"Get me an Engineer and get the Drawing*!!" What ever the ASSY # and or PART # of the piece of equipment for the rig you have will have Drawings (Blue Prints) to show the specs of that piece of gear!! Check it to the Drawing!!! If it looks like and has all the correct webbing, cords and stitching then it should be ok!! That is, providing that QC did their job right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ph34r::ph34r::D:DB|;);) Been there, done that and got the T-shirt!!
(*) Drawing..."Cartoon" as Gordo Foster would say:ph34r::ph34r::D:DB|;);)
BTW, "IF" the "Change" was incorporatred in Shop and not noted, "THEN" it would behove Manufacturing to get Engineering to "Red Line" the drawing and incorporate the "Change" to the next Change letter on the drawing!! Funny how that goes????:ph34r::DB|;);)

I feel out of breath just reading your post.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I just bought a new pair of risers from chutingstar.com but I'm not sure if they are compatible with my rig. The RSL ring on my old risers was in the middle of the riser. But the RSL ring on the new risers is on the left side. Does anyone know if this set up is okay?

Send Mike (ChutingStar) a picture with the question and ask his opinion/recommendations.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

hi there,
i would advice very strongly against jumping it like that. the rsl is connected on the wrong side. it could possibly prevent a clean cut away. if you look at your pic try to imagine the 3 ring system releasing. they might not release evenly or the other side would release quicker as this side could be delayed.
if you havent jumped the risers yet i would get back on to the people that sold them to you. i think ou mentioned mike at chuting star. i would think he would sort you out very quickly. or you could get a master rigger to do the mod for you. so its a question of cost and time. might cost you more to go to a rigger but he could do that in about an hrs work. if you get a new pair shipped it will take a day or two to get to you.

rodger

I just bought a new pair of risers from chutingstar.com but I'm not sure if they are compatible with my rig. The RSL ring on my old risers was in the middle of the riser. But the RSL ring on the new risers is on the left side. Does anyone know if this set up is okay?

Send Mike (ChutingStar) a picture with the question and ask his opinion/recommendations.

We spoke today and he is sending these back to us for an RSL ring on the correct side.

So yes, the RSL routing can't be correctly completed with the risers he has...the ring needs to be inboard on the correct side.

Mike
ChutingStar.com