cjg

Jump suit for student

Just wondering what some of you guys would recommend as a first jump suit.

While I only have a single tandem in my log , I am hooked and am aggressively planning my training for the spring. And my thinking is that if I start buying 'stuff' it will be just one less thing to buy latter.

Already have a line on a nice helmet and goggles. And likely ill just use the training alt until I graduate aff ( and will likely be getting the same model anyway )

But now I am thinking of jump suit .. But there are so many .. and so many different options on all of them. Where do I start ??

What would be best as a first time suit. While I am not rich , I am willing to invest in something if it is really worth it. But of course less expensive is better.

If not a particular brand / style # .. What should I be looking for when deciding on a suit that will last me through my first 100 or 2 jumps ?

Thanks for any advise you can provide

-Chris

Go to your local hardware store and buy comfortable coveralls, at least you won't worry about grass / mud stains should you have some not so graceful landings;), the dz I did my progression at had an orange jumpsuit with Department of Corrections on the back, entertaining to say the least.:D. You'll want to purchase a jumpsuit that matches the new gear you're gonna buy, after all, gotta look good at the DZ :P

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

Do your AFF first. After that, your instructers will have a good idea about your fallrate and consequently what type of fabric and fit you'll need to buy. Your first suit is likely different from the training one in a couple respects.
Look for a 2nd hand suit for your first one or two suits as your landings will not be perfect yet and you may want to change skydiving disciplines which will need a totally different suit so budget on buying 2 cheaper suits for now.

For goggles and helmets, again, do your AFF first. There may be a number of rules you'll have to follow about what you can jump. Also you have no idea yet about what options you may want or need.

Slow down on buying stuff yet, go jump, have fun, save that money for when you know what you want and need to buy ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Slow down..... No offense but you don't know enough to know what you want and we don't know enough about you to make a decent recommendation.

You might be 7 feet tall and weigh 100# or be 3 feet tall and weigh 200# both recommendations would be vastly different.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334