frequentflyer

Help get David Letterman do a skydive?

Yes, I'm trying to do this - but I need LOTS of support, in order to:

1. Convince David Letterman - to join in the fun (if possible, to do a tandem) and,

2. Help the dzo in Richmond - to name a road after Dave

The goal is to achieve both, through a "HUGE" show of support from the skydiving community!

Why here, why now. . . you ask? I'm doing a skydive in all 50 states and Indiana is #50 - David Letterman's home state. I'm heading there for their Richmond Boogie this Labor Day weekend (I have 49 states completed already) check it out at http://www.skydiverichmond.com. What better way to pull all of these things together?

To help, it's easy. . . send an e-mail of support (by no later than August 17th) to:

1. David Letterman/CBS - via their website entry form at http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/ and click on "Show Info" then "CBS Mailbag" to enter your message

2. The people at Skydive Richmond - via direct e-mail to [email protected]

Text to use for your e-mail messages, more detailed instructions, and updates regarding this, are all available on my website at http://www.karenhawes.com

So far, Jaime from Richmond has already replied with "will work on it" - I haven't heard back from Dave or CBS, yet.

Crossing my fingers. . . for replies and blue skies!

K :)

:)

See you later. . . sometime, somewhere.

Hey karen welcome to the forums!!! i jumped with you at quincy 2000,2001 and at my home dz gold coast skydivers in mosspoint miss. have fun on your journys!!!
if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCULATOR = EVERLASTING FUN
my site

Just a thought, but.....he has had bypass surgery, right? Would it be okay for him to do this? Just wondering.....

edit--it would make a great show!!!!

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I heard something about surgery - which is why I'm hoping it's "possible" for him (leaving it open for suggestion) - otherwise, I suggested (in my e-mail to CBS, etc) that he ride along in the plane, or otherwise join in the fun :)
Thanks for the support and don't forget to send in your e-mails. . . the sample text at http://www.karenhawes.com includes the list of options for Dave, but feel free to edit it as you like before sending them on their way!

I look forward to jumping with friends from the other places I've been!! Maybe a big-way hybrid?

I think it's great... Dave had some nice looking actress on recently, maybe two or three weeks ago... I forget who it was... anyway, he and she talked at length about her love of skydiving... she ribbed him about making a tandem, he declined, but w/ enough support, who knows!

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Sounds good, but Letterman would do something dumb like have Hal throw a dummy out of the plane. The dummy would of course go in and Paul Schaeffer would say something lame about it.

Now Letterman's MOM might just be possible ! I bet she'd do it AND call him a wuss on the show after she got down.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Now Letterman's MOM might just be possible ! I bet she'd do it AND call him a wuss on the show after she got down.

I vote for Lettermans MOM.. she rocks.. she gets to do all the kewl stuff he is too lame to do...HE is a wuss.

Amazon

Hello again!

Several who have sent in e-mails were cc:'d from Jaime at Richmond - they're working on it and it's looking good! The timing is short, but that can be worked out, in time I guess.

DivaSkyChick - how'd you get this contact?? I'll try calling today - and will post the results on this bb, because I don't have access for updates to my website (till next week maybe).

Yup, Seth, BBIV was a wash. . . thankfully (given the twist of "the ex-factor". Besides, the Late Show is only 1 hour, not 100 days (but there's no $500,000 prize either!)

As for my "home town" that's changing, and the movers came by today - leaving Aston and heading back west to CA. . . hope to see friends out there!

Thanks again for everyones support, keep spreading the word!

:)