nigel99

Teardrop Superfly - RSL

I am interested in getting a few opinions on the Teardrops RSL routing.

An old thread here had discussions about it and I don't like what the manual shows. Maybe it is because I haven't seen the RSL setup on other pop-tops, but it looks like a snag hazard.

If anybody has photo's of a teardrop with an RSL fitted I would appreciate it.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

IMO, if you don’t feel safe with the RSL routed as shown in the manual, simply remove it. Do not try to do it in a different way unless you get approval from the manufacturer!
Engineering Law #5: The most vital dimension on any plan drawing stands the most chance of being omitted

IMO, if you don’t feel safe with the RSL routed as shown in the manual, simply remove it. Do not try to do it in a different way unless you get approval from the manufacturer!

My rig doesn't have an RSL installed at the moment. Basically the lanyard is attached to a point right next to the reserve handle D ring (when installed). My risers dont have the RSL ring so fitting an RSL would involve buying new risers.

Summary of my concerns are

1) Snag hazard
2) I wouldn't like to have a finger/thumb in the wrong place during a cutaway (going by the picture only).
3) it is different to what I am used to (mirage G3 typically)

At my experience level and type of jump there is no reason not to have an RSL.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.