aprwvu

Saber 1 Mixed Reviws

I've got a 150 with 4-500 jumps on it. It's never slammed me too hard and rolling the nose or not doesn't seem to make much difference. It's not a nice soft opening like a Spectre or anything, but if you test drive one that doesn't rock you too hard, I think it'd be a good 1st canopy.

Most of my jumps have been on a Sabre 1, 150, 135, and 120. I always rolled the nose and I don't remember many bad openings, maybe 1 or 2.

I loved my 135, then didn't like my 120 at first, but it turned out it was seriously out of trim and the brake lines were too short. Once I got a new line set it was great. I still have it but I'm not currently jumping.

When I start jumping again I would certainly be willing to jump a sabre. Although I will probably get another Safire 2 if I can find one I can afford.

I have a Legacy Sabre 210 with Dual Steering lines and Jump mine at a WL of about 1.1 to 1. Love the handling, the landings and the openings are usually quick, (but I like quick) on heading and comfortable. I intend to wring every ounce of performance out of this thing and not ever downsize below 170. I am not the fastest packer in the world but I do like to be neat and thorough. The one time I sacrificed quality for speed it bit me right in the ass. I had arranged a tandem for my daughter with good friend of mine, and I could not let her go up without me on the load, I got out first so I could see the look on her face when she landed, it was priceless. I was trying to make another load with my friend and did not roll the nose quite tight enough while packing my good old Sabre. When it came time to let it out of the bag at 4000ft, WHAM! My daughter said she heard it open from the ground and it sounded like a gunshot. My only injuries were some tender spots on the inside of my thighs, kind of laughed to myself all the way down thinking “so these are the kind of openings I read about on DZ.com”. Moral is, buy a larger slider and pay attention while packing!
Bad decisions make good stories!!