computerdoc

Sos Rig

The rigs on the market with SOS are likely to be really beat up student gear in need of repairs. Might be better to spend money on changing a rig to SOS. A quick call to a few rig mfgs could confirm if they are interested/capable of doing it and the approx price.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Check with Velocity Sports Equipment which makes the Infinity (velocityrigs.com). I know they still make SOS rigs and should be able to retrofit a standard rig. Kelly and crew are great and provide excellent service.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

You can also get a brand new dolphin system for not a lot of money and they have an SOS system option. Regardless of the following people who will post after me that those rigs are shit,junk, cheap etc, that is not really true, they are made very well and hold up with standard care.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

You can also get a brand new dolphin system for not a lot of money and they have an SOS system option. Regardless of the following people who will post after me that those rigs are shit,junk, cheap etc, that is not really true, they are made very well and hold up with standard care.

I had a Dolphin and it was great. The manufacturer's support was first class and personal.

I just watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7YXp0e2ZR8

I don't know what is standard for 1 armed jumpers but that was kinda scary.

I would recommend shorter main risers, to make it easier for him to grab the toggles.

I would also recommend a pair of risers that have cable channels compatible with the shorter cables found on S.O.S. harnesses.

Rigging Innovations makes S.O.S. risers with channel mouths at the BOTTOM of the confluence wrap.
Alternatively, he could get a set of main risers from Velocity that have the hard housings grommeted (is that even a verb???) to the same grommet that the white loop passes through.