D-Fens

How do you close your 3-grommet bag?

Just out of curiosity. Seen people do both.

So just to avoid confusion, I will clarify what I mean: On bags that have a grommet in the center of the bag for the first line stow, how do you stow it? Do you put the rubber band through the lines or to the side?

If you put the rubber band between the lines, it will look pretty neat and symmetrical. However, if you mess around to much, you may screw up your packjob by pulling apart the lines near the slider. And it takes a bit longer to pack.

If you just create a line stow like on other types of bags, you will pack faster, but you will get an asymmetry that may theoretically upset the deployment.

I usually stow the center locking stow first, the right locking stow, then the left locking stow.
The last of the lines get stowed: right, left, right, left, etc. down to the last 18 inches to 2 feet.

I always leave at least 18 inches unstowed.
I only split the stows if there is more than 2 feet left, then I might do a half stow on one side, to even things out. The half stow really only makes a difference with static-lines, because it lifts both risers out of pack tray before the student can tumble far enough to interfere with deployment.