GARYC24

Sexual harrassment

Wow..strange story about your boss!

I worked at a certain company years back.
And they hired some new girl in the stockroom/wherehouse area.She was only there a short time..I asked "where's the new girl that started working?" anyways I was told she was the girl who was stalking Michael J. Fox !
I forget her name..wouldn't know her if a saw her again!

Wow..strange story about your boss!

Oh yeah, she was a strange lady...

The point was, though, that the single time I felt the need to take any action other than speaking up for myself or leaving a situation was with another woman. Truly an abuse of power in that case...which is how I view sexual harassment. If the harasser is in a position to hire/fire, and makes the workplace uncomfortable, then yes, perhaps that does go to SH. But my cubby neighbor relating a ribald joke is NOT, nor is someone looking down my low cut top. Like the remote control and knowing when to change the channel, I know what I pulled over my head that morning...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

The world has gone crazy. It's similar to that story a couple of weeks ago about women being able to change their minds halfway through sex and then say it was rape...I think abuse by women of sexual harrassment laws is as bad as the sexual harrassment of women in the first place. No wonder men are confused.

Mind you, we don't really get it so much over here. I used to work in the city (London financial sector) and my boss used to slap his thighs and say (to me) 'Come over 'ere you saucy little minx'. Hmmm. Whilst not a classy approach, I don't think he meant any harm; it's just that the office 'banter' sometimes got a bit extreme. It didn't bother me because I knew he was just taking the piss, and he wouldn't have done it to someone with..er...heightened sensitivity. Any icy look always stopped him in his tracks anyway.

Then again, the same company did actually sack a guy for sexual harrassment after he bad-mouthed a less senior woman who refused to sleep with him. I think perhaps more so in the UK we have open office flirtation and it's part of how people communicate with one another.

Sometimes I think people are too used to whinging about everyday facets of life, and exploit rules that are designed to protect. This invalidates and trivialises real sexual harrassment issues.

Crap, so you mean when one of them biotches is wearing low cut pants, with a g-string almost completely out of it, we can not stare? Maybe somethings have to change then like dress code.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Interstingly, here's something on the front page of Yahoo.

Friendlier Workers are More Prodcutive

I could certainly argue that point. Most people full of misanthropy and petty quarrels are likely to be bitter oafs with everything, including work. Those that would snivel over a wayward glance woudl fit this category.

So, the key to productivity? Lighten up, people!!!!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Sometimes I think people are too used to whining about everyday facets of life, and exploit rules that are designed to protect. This invalidates and trivialises real sexual harrassment issues.

Preach it, sister! I completely agree. I love being an American citizen, but, sadly, Nothern Americans are the most likely to complain, whine and play the victim, even when there is no true injustice to speak of. [:/]