GARYC24

Sexual harrassment

Hoooo boy...... gonna have to take the old camera to work then......... six seconds....LOL who is timing this stare......and if I only stare for 5.8 seconds am I free and clear??:P

cali is such a pathetic legal nightmare......

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

It's whatever the "hearer" deems offensive.

Ergo, If I stare at lizzieb's awesome new tattoo for even a split second, and she is offended (most women get offended when I look at them) then it would be sexual harrassment.

In practice, the only standards for sexual harrassment are subjective. It sucks.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I totally believe it....i work for the P.O...we are not allowed to comment on a womans new hairdoo, her clothes or basically even say hello. If she complains that so and so said hello to her..the guys in big trouble. I havn't heard a figure for how long we are allowed to look at them yet...but its probably up to her discretion...all they have to do is say..."It made me uncomfortable".
Idon't know why they say men run the country.

I totally believe it....i work for the P.O...we are not allowed to comment on a womans new hairdoo, her clothes or basically even say hello. If she complains that so and so said hello to her..the guys in big trouble. I havn't heard a figure for how long we are allowed to look at them yet...but its probably up to her discretion...all they have to do is say..."It made me uncomfortable".

Yup, my old job has a policy like that, in fact, one guy got in trouble once for saying: "That's a nice dress", HR called him and got a warning...UNREAL!!!

hmmmm, its supposed to be innocent till proven guilty in this country, but apparently this is just another lie we the people have been fed.......

so if a woman at your work decides that she doesnt like you kiss your job goodbye?
could you fight this?

the world is becoming a very strange place....

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

It's whatever the "hearer" deems offensive.

Ergo, If I stare at lizzieb's awesome new tattoo for even a split second, and she is offended (most women get offended when I look at them) then it would be sexual harrassment.

In practice, the only standards for sexual harrassment are subjective. It sucks.

I personally think that sexual harassment bullshit has been blown out of perportion--see, if some guy that I worked with tried to grab my ass, THAT would be sexual harassment. If he repeatedly asked me out after I told him I'm seeing someone and not interested, THAT might constitute as SH. But if a guy tells me I look nice or comments on a new haircut or even says (by some strange chance) that I look really hot, that's a compliment, NOT sexual harassment.
Just like telling dirty jokes I wouldn't feel was harassment. If I found it offensive, I would ignore it. Things like a "6 second rule" are outrageous. Something needs to be done about this to get it back under control! It seems like a lot of women are using it to suit their purposes, and that's making other women look bad!

Blondes do have more fun!

I personally think that sexual harassment bullshit has been blown out of perportion--see, if some guy that I worked with tried to grab my ass, THAT would be sexual harassment.

I consider some guy grabbing my ass assault, not sexual harrassment.

It has gotten out of control, way out of control. Soon they will have to separate the men and the women altogether. I like being sexually harrassed (except for the part where you get fired if you don't put out).

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Indeed. The issue is that sexual harrassment to one doesn't mean SH to another. A person can change his or her mind and deem later, "Hey, I was offended."

The reason why these job rules are like that is to avoid any liability. "Even looking for six seconds cound be offensive." Yeah, it could. Unfortunately, the rules are set up to "protect" the losers and the hypersensitive.

The best point is - know the people you BS with.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You'll notice that it is the guys who get in trouble for looking.

B|Glad I'm a girl.B|:)

I'm hoping you already have boyfriend or husband, because with all this 'reforms' there will be TONS of old maids and then they will ask themselves "Why can I get a man to marry me?"

1- If she says NO during sex
2- If you stare at her for more than 6 secs
3- If you are a MAN and talk to a WOMAN

I tell you, this is just ridiculous.

When he was President, President Reagan would not be alone in a room with a woman other than his wife. Seems extreme, but effective.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Unfortunately, the rules are set up to "protect" the losers and the hypersensitive.

The best point is - know the people you BS with.

Oh, I completely understand why the rules are in place. But the fact is, if women didn't walk around yelling "oh my gosh, he just glanced at me, that's sexual harassment", then there wouldn't be so damn many rules!
As a female, yes, some things can be offensive. But about 50% of the time, even the few things that do offend probably weren't meant to be offensive and were taken the wrong way.
I just think that the system has gotten carried away, but only because so many women have gotten carried away.
On a side note, if women really want equal rights in the workplace, they need to stop bitching so much and take it as it comes...

Blondes do have more fun!