tsalnukt

sewing machine repair classes

the only answer I would have would be to try USAPR or directly Wayne Snyder

+1 to that recommendation. He's like the Yoda of sewing machines.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Wayne actually gave sewing machine classes to Yoda :D

I think after Singer made their first machine, they asked Wayne to show them how to repair it.:P

Seriously, I have yet to meet anyone who has the sewing machine knowledge and know how that guy has in his head.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Any one know of any where I can go to learn how to fix a sewing machine??? I'm looking for a weekend or week long type of course. Thanks.

You must be reading my mind!

I am looking to offer a couple of different classes starting about about the first week of December.

One of those will be sewing machine repair.
I have a couple of people interested so far, but really need 2-3 more to make it worth my while.

I am leaving for NZ to do the above first though.

Dates would be December 9-11.

Anyone else interested??

BS,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Any one know of any where I can go to learn how to fix a sewing machine??? I'm looking for a weekend or week long type of course. Thanks.

You must be reading my mind!

I am looking to offer a couple of different classes starting about about the first week of December.

One of those will be sewing machine repair.
I have a couple of people interested so far, but really need 2-3 more to make it worth my while.

I am leaving for NZ to do the above first though.

Dates would be December 9-11.

Anyone else interested??

BS,
MEL

I'm interested. I still need to do some juggling of schedules to see if those dates will work for me though. How in-depth do you plan this machine repair class to be? Would a complete tear-down and rebuild be part of it? And what other class are you offering early Dec?

thanks,
Chris

Hi t-sal,
FYI the Union Special Machine Co. in Huntley Ill. has a good 4 day class on sewing machine operation and repair!! Went to the class when I worked for Sunpath a few years ago. contact info, Doug Kanies should get you some info.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Have you tried Youtube.com? or Google?

Sorry I couldn't help myself:P Me bad[:/]

R.
One Jump Wonder

How in-depth do you plan this machine repair class to be?

We are going to install new needle bars, new hook assembles, adjust and time bobbin case openers,
install new timing belts and learn how to properly set the feed dogs to the both the work and needle plate.

Would a complete tear-down and rebuild be part of it?

If you can do the above, you can rebuild a machine.
But to answer your question, yes in a piece-mill fashion.

And what other class are you offering early Dec?

The other one is how to properly build line sets.....

Cheers,
MEL

Everyone: While I encorage the flow and sharing of information between riggers in this forum, we are all still held accountable by the rules and as such, lets please try to avoid crossing the no advertising rule. Recommending or providing feedback about a service, item etc for another is acceptable. However going into details about a product or service that you are offering is getting close to crossing that line. I suggest that if more info is sought/given that it be done via pm/e-mail or a link to your website is provided that explains the details, cost,etc of said course,item can be found. This way we avoid crossing any lines when it comes to the rules on advertising and we still have a place where we can access rigging information, advice from. Thanks.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Everyone: While I encorage the flow and sharing of information between riggers in this forum, we are all still held accountable by the rules and as such, lets please try to avoid crossing the no advertising rule. Recommending or providing feedback about a service, item etc for another is acceptable. However going into details about a product or service that you are offering is getting close to crossing that line. I suggest that if more info is sought/given that it be done via pm/e-mail or a link to your website is provided that explains the details, cost,etc of said course,item can be found. This way we avoid crossing any lines when it comes to the rules on advertising and we still have a place where we can access rigging information, advice from. Thanks.

Lou,
I thought about this for a couple of days....

I do not think responding to direct question is advertising.
If that were in fact the case, then has been a lot of that going on here for years,

You will notice in this thread, all of my posts were replies to a question and at no time was pricing involved,

Also, PM's have been used during this thread.

I do want to thank you however, for the professionalism in the writting/content of your post regarding this BTW.

MEL

Mel,
no worries. I just wanted to put it out there for everyone and not see this thread or future threads get to the point where it crossed the line and the thread had to be edited and useful information/resources lost. In some cases answering direct questions can lead to what can be viewed by others and the MODs as advertising according to the way the rules are written. In such instances, if one finds themselves in this situation where the pulling of the thread with one question leads to another and another and the seam starts coming undone, it's best to respond with those details in PM/E-mail/phone call to avoid any perception of advertising at all.

Now, with all the formalities out of the way,please lets continue with the exciting topic of extreme sewing machine repair.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The class is full.

Also,we have a local used sewing machine dealer that is going to provide sewing machines for us.

These will be machines that would be considered "parts machines" that are incomplete/not operational.

Students will learn the fundamentals first and then their mission is to make the machines totally operational again.

This will be as "real world" stuff as it can get!

BS,
MEL