shah269

For new jumpers Ebay Finds, cheap parts

I hear the same complaint from many new jumpers as myself.
Wow...how can I afford all this and still get jumps in?

For those of us who jump when we have the time and money and have only been in the sport for a very few years it's not the easiest climb unless we are living at home with mom or are very well to do.

Thus I propose if anyone finds any decent beginner gear be it suits or alti's and other odds and ends on Ebay to please post them on this link.

Yes I know we have the classifieds but that's a finite market, maybe more viable products can be found via the global market.

After all as a new guy I would rather spend more money on coached jumps than say a newish jump suit. (got mine from a friend at the DZ for $100)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It would be far more effective to just go direct to Ebay than to list items here that will eventually be sold or the links will expire. There is also the forum rules that need to be considered.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Buying skydiving gear off of ebay from and unknown seller is not the greatest idea. If you're a rigger, or buying obsolete gear for collecting and don't care if it's airworthy, it might be OK. For a newbie looking to make smart, cost-effective purchases, not so much.

The seller could be anything from a pawn shop owner to a garage sale shopper, and anything in between, none of which know anything about what they have, and even when they do, a pre-buy inspection is generally not possible due to the auction format.

I've scored some sweet deals on Ebay for other sporting gear. W/one notable exception, I've had no joy for jumping gear. There have always been a couple of idiots willing to bid the item up to the price of new (or beyond...).

Having a hard time affording gear, Shah? There's an easy fix. Just sell the Porsche :)...

Well I'll give an example, I was able to find a second hand Alti II for about $100 on Ebay.
The rest I've been lucky with friends who were either selling gear or gave away gear.
But if you come across something that a new student should have and it's of a good price and value please post it up.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

If you don't want to use the classifieds here I would recommend you join "skydiving gear for sale" on facebook. Not saying it's a sure guarantee but at least you know it's another skydiver.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Buying skydiving gear off of ebay from and unknown seller is not the greatest idea. If you're a rigger, or buying obsolete gear for collecting and don't care if it's airworthy, it might be OK. For a newbie looking to make smart, cost-effective purchases, not so much.

The seller could be anything from a pawn shop owner to a garage sale shopper, and anything in between, none of which know anything about what they have, and even when they do, a pre-buy inspection is generally not possible due to the auction format.

I looooove cruizing Ebay for old vintage gear. I've purchased 2 chest rigs from there, both in excellent condition, and I havent' paid more than pennies for them. Every now and again I'll see a complete piece of junk go for an absurd amount of money ~ for example, just a few weeks ago I watched a junker T-10R from the 60's sell for some $350 to some sellers who buy and sell old Vietnam era collectables. I imagine some sad sad person who in their minds, thinks they're actually going to make money at that....[:/]
=========Shaun ==========

I remember seeing a T10 cargo with lines cut in a surplus shop for $2200 and I was like is this missing a decimal place? After my gear got stolen I spent months watching e-bay to see if it would show up. I really feel that the chance of getting stolen stuff off ebay is significantly higher than buying it here on the classifieds.

Maybe it would be a better idea to have a section created for low dollar beginner gear?

-Michael

i just got a new custom-suit, worth about 600$..

and it's not only matchy-matchy, it looks AWESOME! :P

It's too bad ya never see deals like that for stuff in men's sizes! :P

i'm 5'10" and weigh in at about 190lbs, so, FUCK YOU!!!

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I would recommend you join "skydiving gear for sale" on facebook

I joined that group and looked at some of the prices. They seemed to be asking a little too much for used gear

They are skydivers, what did you expect?:) People tend to ask too much for their gear I've noticed and as such, you have to haggle a little bit sometimes on some items. If they really want to sell it and need the money they will work with you....or it will sit in their closet collecting dust while they tell themselves it's worth more now than when it was new.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING