jrmrangers

Anybody have the G3?

Im probably going to buy myself a fullface helmet for jumping when its a little colder hear in the northeast and i liked the G2. My proshop doesnt have the G3 in stock so i was wondering if anyone had one already and what were their thoughts. Thanks in advance, Blue Skies!!
Wait , I pull what first?

Just got a few into my shop. The design is mostly the same as the G2, with a few adjustments on the liners and the ventilation. The shell seems to be extremely tough. Personally I still prefer the look of carbon, but I think ABS is the better choice in the long run. Matte black is sweeeeet!

I got to demo one a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed. It was very comfortable and I like how securely it closes. I ordered one and am hoping to get it in the next couple weeks.

You should demo any full face if you have the opportunity. If you don't, at least try it on and make sure that it is comfortable for you. A helmet that fits me nicely might be uncomfortable on you and you don't want any distractions when you jump.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Actually the matt black is the reason why I'm thinking G3 over G2! Mrubin I tried on the G2 and a few others but the G was the best all around fit for me. I'll see if the sizing on the 3 is the same as the 2.

Funny that. I have a Matte Black G2.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I didn't want to start yet another G3 thread.. so I'm posting this question in here....

I just got my G3... where are the altimeter pockets?
I see some slots in the foam on either side, but they're kinda small and looks like there is actually two cuts per side. the Cookie documents don't speak of this feature. I don't want to assume anything.. the instructions should say something.
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

Yup, find the holes and shove it up in there! ;) haha

But yes, those slots were intended for your audibles. I have a Optima which fits in there just fine. Initially might take a little finessing, but it'll be nice and secure in there.

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

ok, got my Solo II in that little hole.. thanks for the assist.

Put the audibles in and slide them forward towards the chin guard. Once in there they will seat themselves in a little as time goes on. I have a Neptune and a Dytter one in each side and barely know they are there.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi John,
We have found the G3 to be very popular. It incorporates the same liner and visor as the G2. The manufacturer has opted to go with an injection molded shell for the G3 instead of the carbon fiber shell of the G3. With this decision you now have the choice of 11 different colors to pick from. We have all of the sizes and colors in stock as well as the optional aluminum side plates and tinted visor. You can find them here at http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=517&level=2&parent=4
Feel free to contact us with any additional questions. Curt