quade

* U.S. Government D.O.T. attempts to HALT RW!

It has occurred to me over recent months that there is a NATION-WIDE effort
on the part of the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION to HALT formation
skydiving in this country. It is not fully apparent to me the reasons
behind these actions, but clearly the signs are everywhere AND NOT JUST
FIGURATIVELY EITHER!
Below is a link that will take you to a photograph of a an ACTUAL SIGN I
pass on my way to my favorite drop zone placed by the U.S. D.O.T. that is
ANTI-SKYDIVING! This sign was posted at TAX PAYER EXPENSE and PROVES how
the GOVERNMENT is trying to HALT RW!
See photo HERE!
Paul
futurecam.com/skydive.html

Now, now, before we all get too carried away here...
The official government crack-down is not on all RW. They only want to limit 2-way, 3-way and 4-way. I have seen no evidence that they have any problem with larger formations.
Let's try to keep our heads about us on this one.

Ack!
I am so glad you brought this to our attention Paul. I'll just bet this is a conspiracy that was started by some of them damn freefliers... or maybe it was an S&A guy? Hmmm....
;)
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

It's only because belly flying is gay!!!!!!

Really???
And how many 10+ point four ways have you done???
And how many times have you dived at a 30 way last out and docked smooth and sweet.. then gone on to do 2 or 3 points with 29 of your best friends??
Oh yeah, that's right.
You've never done any of that. And you probably never will.
Cuz it's "gay."
Belly flying is the basis for ALL skydiving. Any real freeflier will tell you that the ability to fly on the belly is the foundation for being able to fly in any other position.
btw... those freefly teams that got medals at last year's US Nationals? Yeah, every one of them incorporated some belly flying in their winning routines. Gay?
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

Lisa- There you go taking shit seriously again??????? WASSSUUUPPPP With that? Actually I have a lot of RW experience considering I only have 69 jumps. I did start jumping at Raeford! Home of the Golden Knights and all. I have at least one 15 or 16 way. Several 9 ways and a lot of smaller RW dives in the 4-6 way area. I just found that when I turned the axis......things got a bunch cooler. I'll still do RW dives with the right people. Free Flying demands so much more skill. So, it's a bigger challenge for me. Yes, you must be damn good at flying on your belly before you could ever hope to fly on your head. Besides, lighten up. Show your tits at the drop zone this weekend! LMAO
"So, just tell me nothins wrong, get undressed and spend the night!"-Eve 6
Clay

Well.. I won't be at the dz this weekend but there are people around who can verify the fact that my tits are extra-altitude worthy...
And yup, I do tend to take things like that too seriously. I'm not into the divisions between disciplines; we're all skydivers after all! For me freeflying is more challenging than the average dz zoo load, but doing serious RW is just as challenging - if not more, imho. No one really cares if I cork or go low or tense up or otherwise screw up on a simple two way freefly dive; on a 30 way RW dive it's a lot more important.
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

Gay, you say. Ok, now you've done it Clay. (as I roll up my sleeves) Them there is fight'n words.>:( It's too bad you feel this way because I guess now, ALL of my great skydiving friends are gay and I guess I am now too, AND PROUD OF IT.;)
SKYDIVING GAVE ME A REASON TO LIVE....

Misty 71..... Break Right....Break Right.....Break Right......Sam Launch 9 O'Clock low........Break Right...... Break Right. Chaff... Flare Chaff.... Flare....Chaff...Flare.
Bring it on Belly Flyin Scum!!!!!!!!! You'll just be mad because you cant catch me on a dive.......
Clay

Misty 71..... Break Right....Break Right.....Break Right......Sam Launch 9 O'Clock low........Break Right...... Break Right. Chaff... Flare Chaff.... Flare....Chaff...Flare.

Don't think the chaff will work on an SA7. And the AAA can be pretty nasty.:o Ain't that right, FFF?:)

You'll just be mad because you cant catch me on a dive......

Any really good belly flier could not only catch you, they could leave the plane after you, catch you, take grips and keep you flying straight down for a change...
then dump you out, just for giggles.
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

Hey....you only have 2 buttons to push and a stick, rudder and throttle to throw around wildly in that situation. So, it's best to just do them all and hope for the best...LOL
Hell....the flares dont even work on the newer stuff. Whoops...dont tell those AF pilots that........
Clay

Any really good belly flier could not only catch you, they could leave the plane after you, catch you, take grips and keep you flying straight down for a change...
Can we put money on that?
Clay

You really do have a point there. All this belly flying is for the birds. We really need to take a look at our training progression. I mean think about a person's first jump experience doing a tandem... how boring is that! No wonder so many people do a tandem and never come back for more. They are looking for something exciting, and they are stuck flying on their belly- while tied to an instructor no less. Same with AFF- people drop out because all that belly flying is too dull for them. I think we need to modify the whole progression from jump one.
Lets see... for jump one, if we give the student a 100lb helmet, and shove them out the door they will enter a perfect head down position. The helmet has a remote control release mechanism, which is activated by the instructor when the student least expects it. Upon activation the student will cork, spin, flip, tilt, slide, screw, and roll all in one radical motion. They do not need to be taught any pull procedures for jump 1 because the closing pins will probably be thrown out from the centrifugal force. If not, then what better rush then falling at terminal through 750ft! And that rush will definately bring the student back for more. I still need to figure out what would be appropriate for jumps 2-8.

Can we put money on that?

You bet! Better yet, beer!
Come on out to Perris and I'll introduce you to some really gay belly fliers. If they catch you, you buy a round for whoever's in the bar. If you get away, I'll buy the round.
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!