jjudd

Abnormal Line Wear With RDS

I just blew through my last lineset HMA 500's in roughly 150 jumps on my Velo. Had 2 lines snap on opening and the rigger says best to just change them all out vs replacing the few lines. Going to get Vectran this time and see if theres a difference.

I use paraconcepts rings on my rds set up

Is anyone else experiencing this with their RDS's? Or on HMA lines? Everyone I've spoke with experiences this with HMA lines so far

Thanks!

always pack on clean artificial grass in the shade and never leave my lines or canopy lying out in the sun.

Landing by the pond can be quite dirty at elsinore though i'm sure that factors into it too but not enough to cause the more abnormal wear that became apparent after adding the RDS.

Other thought is I had a xoas before and they have individual non cascading lines which I must say I had put 350 on it and never had any concern on the line condition, and it had the same size hma's on it but black, or are they vectran? That I feel the non cascasding lines definetly disribute the opening force more widely stressing the lines less. So many small factors contribute:S

Thanks Ian. I'm going to have them re finished to eliminate that possibility. I'm guessing that had something to do with it possibly as id expect to make maybe 300 jumps out of the set?

On 500HMA, yes I think that's an entirely reasonable number. I wouldn't expect the 150 range you've experienced.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Landing by the pond can be quite dirty at elsinore though i'm sure that factors into it too

Yep - more than you think... vs an east coast dropzone I've worn through linesets in SoCal about 1.5-2x as fast. With HMA and Vectran it's been especially noticeable to me and I've jumped both for a number of years now. The dust/dirt we have out here is like sandpaper. I'm getting to the point where I'm putting down the canopy in a clump of grass that looks clean but obviously if you are swooping and playing in the pond that's not nearly as feasible.
-Patrick

500lb Vectran lines are in and rockin, the openings have been suprisingly longer too. We will see how long they last with the same set up and if they go fast that narrows it to the rds rings for me IMO.

Patent Idea?? Ive heard of some people now using the tape that is used in normal and rds sliders and folding it then sewing it to make a triangle or d ring shape. After this they are adding a gromet in the middle of this and then two smaller grometed holes(or grometed hole that allows you to attach to your set up on your slider to the grometed rings) thus allow the slider to attach to it resulting in essentially the original slider. The gromets on the lines result in the normal wear a regular slider has and smaller pack volume where the tail wraps the lines by elinating the bulky rings.

Anyone have this set up and how is it working for you? As if my rings blow through the lineset in 200 jumps again its back to the drawing board

Anyone have this set up and how is it working for you? As if my rings blow through the lineset in 200 jumps again its back to the drawing board

The scirocco has normal slider rings, but two line loops comes out on the side.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150284974284012&set=a.10150284974049012.403718.532314011&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150284974164012&set=a.10150284974049012.403718.532314011&type=3&theater

I've not noticed any wear on the lines yet, but I've only done 100 jumps on it (including some sand landings and one landing in salty water).