hoym

How many jumps have you really done.

Skydivers do a lot of math adding up and calculating freefall time and logging it in their log books.

A friend of mine has discovered and told me about a phenomena he has seen in a number of skydiver logbooks. After jump number 559, many skydivers will write the next jump as jump number 600.

Have any of you ever done this? Missed logging jump numbers 560 through 599?

That's funny, since the number after 559 in my log book is 560.

Although some "creative" logging was used so my 300th jump would be "300", I made the jump up on the next jump...I guess I'm weird like that (no, I didn't do the creative logging, it was some DZ.com buddies.).

Every jump I've got has been jumped.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Well, I didn't say everyone did it.

He just discovered this at a boogie one year (when everyone was sitting around logging jumps and asking for signatures). He found that this took place in more than one skydiver logbook without looking too hard or through too many logbooks.

It was kind of a funny story when he handed this logbook back to the guy and said, "Wow, jump 575 was sure interesting." And the guy couldn't find the jump in his own logbook.
Of course no one would do that on purpose.
It's probably just a trick the brain played when doing both clock/time math for freefall time and adding up jump numbers.

Fabers Jumps - How the fuck did you remember that...

Easy,im sure he knows i like beers aswell;)

By the way,im still at 559 so i cant really tell yet if i will just pop it to jump #599,ask BASE 813,i might do my jump #560 as he visit me if he does this year(i HOPE).

I cant see any reason to lie about jumps or what your abel to do.Personal i only log if i actualy did the stuff,i cant use a person whith a fake log to anything at all...for the same reason im not allowed to skydive to events in DK,as i never took that rating,but im pretty sure i can land in a narrow space(unless theres a tree nearby,becours my canopy loves trees:ph34r::D)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

By the way,im still at 559 so i cant really tell yet if i will just pop it to jump #599,ask BASE 813,i might do my jump #560 as he visit me if he does this year(i HOPE).

fuck man if i am coming over i aint gonna be jumping with you dressing in flowery suits and trying to hold hands! its all about keeping a low profile! :P

but im pretty sure i can land in a narrow space(unless theres a tree nearby,becours my canopy loves trees)

hahahahhahahahaha!!!!

Me "this is the landing area - there are the hazards you have to take a delay to make this landing area"
Faber "thats cool man its a big landing area"
..........30mins later

faber "FUCKING HELL" (as he over shoots landing area and lands in a VERY "tight" area with a brick wall and mesh fencing either side and trees lining it!!! hehehhe ;)

Good job mate!!! you turned it from potentially nasty to a very good landing (apart from the twigs and branches taken away with you!)

B|:P

its all about keeping a low profile!

oki ill find you a hooker for the weekend:ph34r::D:S

Good job mate!!! you turned it from potentially nasty to a very good landing

what could posibly go wrong on that one:ph34r::DB|

apart from the twigs and branches taken away with you!

lucky i didnt ruined my canopy... and i ever rembered how to run.. ha ha

the biggest danger on that jump were when you drove in the city whith a spped i even cant say in here:ph34r::Dby the way the sirens on the video sounds nice,good luck it wasnt us they wanted:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I've done the same thing. I went for a long time without logging anything, and when I wanted to get my tandem rating, I had to go back to the manifest computer and copy all that shit by hand into my logbook. It took forever, and none of the jumps I did out of town during that period will ever be logged. (around 40 or so)

Nice observation.

Before I had my pro-track I got behind on adding up the math. So I took my log books (only about 900 jumps at the time) and loaded jump numbers and time into a spreadsheet (NERD).

On the review I shorted myself about 16 jumps and nearly that many freefall minutes.

Biggest mistake is writing the jump number and then on the next page writing the same number instead of the next number. For time, adding the seconds, but not the minutes (e.g. 8:43:52 plus 45 seconds would be incorrectly 8:43:37 instead of 8:44:37). Both are pretty well the same mistake.

I like my pro-track a lot for this reason - and the third alarm makes a cool noise most jumps :ph34r:.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

After jump number 559, many skydivers will write the next jump as jump number 600

Any ideas why this happens?? Bad juju, or weird superstition....or just plain dumb skydivers!!!!;)

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic