bbarnhouse

Eloy Boogie Info

i would almost wager more of your drive than that is in texas..once you get out it just seems to fly by..
(i slept all the way thru NM once...)

Texas does have the advatage of being really flat along most of the major highways..that makes radar and laser detection very easy..

now if they get you with the air observation your hosed ;)

Dude, we aint that bad, I promise. It could be a hell of a lot worst, you could be made to drive across Oklahoma! :P

Hehe, yeah I...wait a minute...I live in Oklahoma! Hey![:/]

Grrr....

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

You should have booked 40 days ago when I did. $290 out of ATL which is about average. Sorry but I'm not driving with you so good luck. I don't even like the drive to ATL much less the drive across TX even when I lived both places!!!

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

drove from houston to del rio, back east to san antonio, had a few beers with jess, drove up to skydive dallas, had a few too many beers with freaksis, and then drove up and out of the state towords colorado......... i think the longest part was actually driving through mississippi and louisiana..... i had started in florida..........texas the only place i know where people will pull of the road to let you pas them....maybe they where nice...maybe they where scared of my van the "mardi gras mobile"

You should have booked 40 days ago when I did. $290 out of ATL which is about average. Sorry but I'm not driving with you so good luck. I don't even like the drive to ATL much less the drive across TX even when I lived both places!!!

Ditto- The airlines can't afford to have everyone book their flights at the last minute so they make it cheaper as long as you buy at least 21 days in advance. Once you are within 21 days, the price usually doubles. Try booking an hour before the flight- you're into quadruple digit prices.

-Trevor

Holy hell, Kris, your avatar is freaking me out. I'm gonna have nightmares!

Actually, our worst drive ever was when I was moving to NM...we were hauling a big trailer full of all my stuff with a full size van. the drive from Witchita Falls to Amarillo was done in a 40 mph crosswind at about 45 mph (it was all we could do). It took 6 hurs! UGH!

I can't imagine wishing that punishment on even the worst enemy!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

texas the only place i know where people will pull of the road to let you pas them....

Nope, that's the norm. Freaked me out the 1st time I saw someone do it. I still say Texas has some of the most polite drivers. I swear around here it's like the indy 500 to merge onto the interstate.

On the other hand we are driving, but it will be a pretty drive....Mountains, Valleys, and deserts...Oh my
Fly it like you stole it!

I swear around here it's like the indy 500 to merge onto the interstate.

It's all the people from California who've setup shop here in Colorado. They're the ones driving like indy race car drivers. But it's even more intense up in the north east.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hell, it's only $290 round trip for me, both non stop flights.

The money isn't the problem. The problem is trying to come up with a valid reason to not be with my wife and kids at that time... [:/]

Here's mine, Jim. I'm driving down, I'll be there Fri-Sunday, My wife and kids are flying in on Monday, and we're doing New Years in Sedona, checking out the Grand Canyon and heading home together. (Oh, Thank you B-squared for the suggestion!:)
I try to turn the boogies into family vacations. It can happen.:P

Work it!

nay on the kids. 8, 6, and 3 at home. Not something I enjoy dealing with at the DZ. Any DZ.
The wife is coming with to Rantoul next year. It's our vacation away from the kids!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

How ironic (hence the reason why I'm whore posting) that this thread is only 18 replies away from 1000 (there's less posts I guess because some have been deleted by our moderators) and I'm only 18 jumps away from 100. I some how think this thread will easily reach 1000 replies before I get 100 jumps, but will I get my 100th in before Eloy or while I'm at Eloy? :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Eloy.....

as a friend of mine once put it (still not down from the adrenalin rush of her first tandem)

"such a silly name for so cool a place..."

of course it could be Elroy..

every now and then someone reminds me that the actual 'city' cough, sputter, gag of Eloy shares none of the coolness that is to be found at Skydive AZ...

those that dont live there (like me) tend to forget that...