skymonkey

A Bit of Censorship going on!!

I was pretty upset on the fact of the removal of a Post and Thread on the Subject regarding Skydive Orange Va. I just reviewed the Forum rules and no-where does it say you can't ask a legitimate question such as the one that was asked, regardless of the history this person has with some one that may be allegedly at this particular dropzone. Aparently the moderator that deleted the thread let his feelings get a bit involved. I respect this persons question and that was totally disrespectful, to them and to myself which spent my time typing to explain what my experiences were at such DZ. What is involved in this persons personal life is not my or anyone on the Web's concern. The fact that they have history with someone anywhere for that matter was of no relevance in the subject of any part of the questions asked by her/him. On the subject of anyone being upset and closing any accounts, sounds like a personal matter that should of been handled behind the scenes. That was blown totally out of porportions and some peoples basic rights to express themselves were totally violated. Oviously the thread went off track and moving it from that particular forum to another was totally appropriate. I for one feel it should have stayed in circulation.
I agree, that if this person is totally stalking anyone, there should be action taken by interested parties, but not in the way it was handled. I guess my crystal ball was broken last night when i gave whoever (which I don't care who it is) a legit answer to my experiences at this particular Dropzone. If it would have worked I would of maybe not posted at all.

Miguel

Like has been said before - the greenies and His Redness can and do delete whatever they want to, for whatever reason they want. I find them to generally be fair.

Also, if I caught it correctly, Chuck said that 'fake' person was upsetting an actually member of our community to the point that he wanted to leave. So, leave the thread up because you think it's right and you put effort into making a response to someone who really wasn't looking for a response - but lose a member here and let the crazy person believe it was ok to continue to do.... or delete it, be done with it, keep an actual member, and hopefully deter a psycho?

EDIT: .. and the thread hasn't been deleted - you can go copy what you wrote and put it in the reviews (like Phree said) or start yourself a thread about it.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

There is an option in the Dropzones listing for each DZ for reviews. I prefer to just list my review and experiences there since its just a link away if anyone in the fourms cares about the DZ enough to look it up.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I understand about the listing.

But why then have an entire forum called Places to Jump. For exactly those type of questions.

People need to keep their personal problems to them selves. If they think some one is stalking them, they handle it. I know in my case I would handle it quickly.. with out questions..
On the other hand I guess what is being advertised isn't being followed.. If someone doesn't want her posting, they should file a complaint to ban them from posting. I guess I better whach who I answer to and do a background check before I reply..

In case you haven't heard [RED] HH [/RED] say it before on DZ.com, I'll say it for you now......THIS AIN'T NO DEMOCRACY.

Despite what you may think, there is more to that than you know. For the sake of privacy, it was not made public and hence the deletion.

FWIW, I thought you description of Orange was balls on accurate. I was sorry to have to leave that DZ when I moved.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

You left because you were too much of a pussy to stand up to the man! You should have just walked right into the man's office and said, "hell no, I ain't leaving! You can't make me. Orange is here and you can't move me away." Then you should have sang a few choruses of "Alice's Restaurant" while standing on the man's desk in your underwear.

That would have worked.

I would have done it.:P

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

To the original poster: I don't really care what you think my motivations were for locking that thread and I will reiterate what you have already been told: I will do as I please to protect the "good vibe" of the portions of this website which I moderate. If you have a problem with that, feel free to find another website to post to. I can assure you that you do not have any idea what degree this "issue" had risen to. Therefore, I will do what I need to do to get this situation resolved as I see fit.

Chuck Blue
D-12501