betzilla

What do you do for a living?

HEY Y'ALL.....Bob, here, is my new friend....

Thanks for the friendship.

As for the job, I have to say this a lot, so don't take it personally: "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" :P

Yes, I know it is snowing.
No, we are not putting the top up.

I'm curious what you all do that allows you to surf dz.com all day long.

Technically I'm a "Tool Integration Engineer". My boss wants our department to be named "Tool Integration Technicians" though so our acronym is TIT. He'd very much like to be leader of the T.I.T. team. Nobody said he was politically correct.

Basically I'm tech support for tech support. I tell them what to do, sometime they hork it up, and I tell them which instructions they forgot to follow. They then inform the users that everything is fixed now.

More accurately though I'm a cog in the wheel of a giant corporation hellbent on owning as much of the world as they can without regard to anything else in the world.

Wow, that's horribly depressing. I think I'll go throw myself out of a plane.

I work for a Food Service software company that primarily deals in K-12, Colleges, and Hospitals.

I travel around installing Point-Of-Sale system, Inventory Control, and Accountability software. I install the hardware, software and then train cafeteria managers and cashiers on how to use the systems.

In other words, I work in Lunch Lady Land.

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

Trust Account Manager for a local law firm

My friend does that. Some people really do leave a bucket of cash to support their pets until the pet dies.

I told my friend that I would care for any pets that had a good trust set up for them, but the pet would probably require a nice boat to be happy. :)
...a nice boat in a harbor in Puerto Rico...with maid service...3 maids... :ph34r:

I dont see a slot for LEGAL SLAVE LABOR!

After a day like today, I start to wonder why I went to school for 5 years to get into the profession. All they do is take, yet when you ask for a raise ...................... nothing! zip, nada, zero! bollocks!

Yet I digress

"Make your plans dark and as inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tsu

rocket

I'm am Admissions Rep for a Cullinary School (just started, and its a great job). Anyone looking to become a chef and i will help them out. Free lunch every day (for me at least)!

Before that - sales/recruitment for the last 4 years in the IT world, before that I was an IT contractor working in both NT and AIX, and before that I was in the media for 7 years.

I am a Personal Assistant to the General Manager of a large Security Company..uggghh . Translates to well paid, not much work and plenty of time to surf dz.com:P

My life is very delicately balanced, please don't make any sudden movements. :P

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

Attitude adjuster
I work as a High school teacher, I have a Degree in marine biology that I dont put into use.
I work with the "bad kids" I have a group of 15 kids who for one reason or other are deemed "AT RISK". Mostly they're at risk of strangulation from intollerant teachers:D:D
So myself and one other, work with these kids trying to adjuster their behaviour and responses to conform closer to socially acceptable standards, and in the process try and teach them some academic stuff aswell.:D:D
Very frustrating work at times but also wonderfully rewarding on occassion.

They sux though. I earned 2 times as much 12years ago working in construction, Lucky for me money isnt everything:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm a "Locomotive Engineer" In other words I drive trains. Long hours away from home, and work most weekends and holidays (that is until I get through AFP next spring ;) )
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

No options for us poor blue-collar bastards?

I supervise the maintenance department for a major thermoplastics company - I can with 99% certainty tell you our product is in you house, in some form or another! Pretty neat!

I'm an electrician/pipefitter/mechanic/welder/fabricator/whateverelseneedstobedone-type. Been doing this for years!

Easy Does It