Lioness

So excited I had to post!!

The week I have been waiting years for is almost here!! I FINALLY saved up enough $$ and got my vacation approved for my AFF starting this coming Wednesday!! I did my very LAST tandem on Sunday - it was tandem #12, so I'm VERY excited to not spend anymore money on tandems!! I'am SO excited I can barely see straight! My work is suffering dramatically! lol

A good friend of mine just started AFF this morning. I figure I'll be done with AFF by next Friday at the latest... so next Saturday my friend and are planning to do our first 2-way! Do any of you think that's too soon? We are definately going to feel out how comfortable we are before attempting it... and plan to just do a basic belly flight 2 way.

I also just wanted to thank everyone here for all your PM's, advice and comments. It has really helped me out esp. when I wasn't able to get in the air. It's always nice to get other people's input, other then my home dz. SO THANK YOU ALL!!!

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!! :ph34r::D;)B|:D:ph34r::)
attached is my LAST tandem pic! yay!!

Things to consider are: your supposed to have a coach with you till you get your A, and there is alot to learn about flying with somone else.

/newbie opinion

edit: forgot to say:

Congrats hope it goes well
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

"your supposed to have a coach with you till you get your A"

-------------------------------------------

Would love to hear more opinions on this?? As I haven't heard much about what jumpers do after AFF?

Buy a SIM, it lays out a the basic ISP student program (which some DZ follow to a T, some modify it), but USPA coaches jump with students after their AFF dives, until they get their A, following the guidelines in the SIM.

Also, getting a SIM is good for you, since it has all the info you'll need for the tests you'll end up taking, and stuff like that.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

wow....12 tandems!! Be sure to ask your AFF instructor if you can start a couple levels into AFF (or categories nowadays) since you have done so many tandems...they should at least let you start at level 2 or 3 since you are fairly adapted to freefall.

good luck and congrats

"your supposed to have a coach with you till you get your A"

The BSR (basic safety requirement) is that you can't jump with other people unless there's a coach until you get your A. You can do solos.

It's a requirement, not a recommendation. So, if it's a USPA dropzone, technically, it should be enforced.

***wow....12 tandems!! Be sure to ask your AFF instructor if you can start a couple levels into AFF (or categories nowadays) since you have done so many tandems...they should at least let you start at level 2 or 3 since you are fairly adapted to freefall.

I did 5 tandems and still spun out on the AFP level 3 release dive. [:/]

Congratulations and good luck with the AFF. :)

Thank you all for your responses.. I'm printing out some of the SIM now. My home DZ is not a USPA approved DZ, but I think all will work out just fine.

May end up post-poning the 2 way until I get enough jumps for A now. But I will check with my instructor and see what he thinks.

Thanks again all! You can bet I'll be posting again as soon as I'm done with AFF. AFF & 5 days in a row off... OH my what to do with myself!!! YAHOOOOOOOOO! B|:)

My home DZ is not a USPA approved DZ, but I think all will work out just fine.

There are no "USPA approved" DZ's. There are just some DZ's that pay to be members (no approval involved) and some that don't. Having checked your profile, I can tell you that you are going to a GREAT dropzone. They will keep your safety in mind while you are learning, and will give you good advice when you graduate AFF. That will likely include not letting you immediately do a 2-way with someone else who's only a week into their training themself, but I'm sure they'll hook you up with something fun to do to celebrate (safely).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Congrats :)
Here in Denmark we're not allowed to do anything but solos til we get an RW stamp, usually through WARP or BBF. Aff students can start at it when done with the AFF; static line students gotta wait with that til they got their certificate (40 jumps + packing certificate).

Haven't been able to afford WARP or BBF yet, so I haven't done any RW jumps, other than with an instructor for fun. Bit jealous that you US guys and girls can do it so early, but OTOH I support requirements when doing potentially dangerous things.

Get your arse through AFF. We need more chicks B|

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

"Get your arse through AFF. We need more chicks"

--------------------------------------

Amen to that sista! I have managed to get 1 other female friend of mine to do AFF, the others want to just can't afford it right now. But I do know that the few female's at my home dz are trying to get more chicks involved. That is my goal anyway! Need more sky goddesses for sure!!

and so willl your bank account.
----------------------------------

I actually took a second job just to pay for AFF! lol
Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to keep the second job to continue my jump habit... the nice thing is I won't be paying $100 for each jump anymore! Of course now it's all about saving up for gear... [:/]B|

Congrats Lioness!!!
I guess we'll get to meet each other soon as I still jump there now and again. I was there last weekend but didn't know you were there. There is also BigFritz that jumps there and just graduated from the static line program and he is, as myself a low timer.
Always cool to meet new people that don't have 3000 jumps...:P It takes the pressure off when you jump with people with the same level of skills!

See you there!

"We see the world just the way we are...

the nice thing is I won't be paying $100 for each jump anymore!

You do realize, I hope, how good you have it at Lodi? Their $100 tandems are by far the best price of any DZ in the country, and their up-jumper tickets are probably the best regular-priced lifts too (at $15). Word is they've got a second Otter on the way too. Enjoy!

Next time you're there, give Kathy at manifest a big hug from Dave Todak. :)
Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)