Muenkel

Who here is currently on painkillers?

Vicodin and Percoset....totalled my motorcycle, tore every ligament in my right knee to shreds...I think I only have a couple days left of painkillers...what am I gonna go??? I don't want the little purple people to go away, I enjoy having conversations with them.

percocet/vicodin/oxycontin are all the same opiate based pain killers. Difference is what it's mixed with (tylenol,aspirin,ibuprofren) and if there's a time release or not.

Generic name is oxycodone.

In short....it's morphine.

Percocet = oxycodone + acetaminophen
Vicodin = hydrocodone + acetaminophen
Oxycontin = time-release oxycodone ("straight")

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Generic name is oxycodone. In short....it's morphine.

I am unsure if Oxycodone or Oxycotin is moderate pain relief morphine compared to M-Eslon (morphine sulfate instant release capsules) but wonder the difference in Canada to U.S. with meds. perscribed for pain. Do most doctors there perscribe tylenol #3 for pain?

The time release capsules (morphine sulfate) over 12 hr. period are so incredible for continuous pain relief. B|

SMiles;)

i should be taking nalgesin because of a bad landing 3 weeks ago when i hurt my ribs... but the boxes are still closed, it never hurt me so much i'd take one... besides, i hate hospitals and medicaments... i prefere alternatives like cannabis ;):PB|

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

The time release capsules (morphine sulfate) over 12 hr. period are so incredible for continuous pain relief. B|

Not to mention all kinds of other recreational activities. ;)

Of course, in the US (where we still haven't figured out that prohibition doesn't work), getting prescribed time-release morphine requires the DEA to move into your house, so it rarely happens here outside the hospital. [:/]
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

53 years old...35 years skydiving ..wake up in the morning and take three of whatever the flavor of the week is...sit still 45 minutes....take 3 more sometime during the morning.....before sleep 3 more plus 3 tylenol PM.
Shoulder..wrist ..knee.

I'd have to have open fractures and walk to the doc on the stumps of my bones before he'd give me anything.

He's cool though. Have had problems with knees since an accident in my teens and when I asked whether it be safe to skydive he was 'Oh yeah, don't be a sissy" B|

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

Wow! That's a long time to be having knee problems. Good luck with the alignment tomorrow. I hope you're back in the air soon.

Well I didnt get the alignment.Apparently the other docs I've seen didnt do their job and this is a tissue/ligament prob.The ostiopath gave me a big friggin cortizone shot and mandatory PT for 6 month.After the 6 months I start injection therapy and god knows what else.He definitely does not want me skydiving.The cortizone shot made me sick and my knee is killing me after the doc poked,proded,twisted and manipulated my knee enough to cause tears.Think I'm going to bed early.:(

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Vicadin here....although haven't taken much of it. Severely sprained my "good" ankle during a not so graceful "landing" accident in my laundry room.:S

What sucks is that there isn't any good story to go with it when people ask. Um, fell on my a$$ while getting ready for work. I really need to come up with some story to start saving face...lol :P

Sorry to hear that. Stay with the PT. It is helping me. Even though I can't put any weight on the knee yet, I have to get it straightened out before I can even begin to walk on it.
Even though you may be in therapy for a long time, maybe things will improve enough to get you back skydiving before the 6 months! Good Luck.

For my crushed vertebre the doc games me about 3 different bottles of pills. I threw them away and now safely sucking on Bongs! I have no problems with pain. I can eat when I like and I feel oh so happy!

The drugs he had me on were melting my brain Im sure of it!
Jumpy Jumpy??

Packing boxes is harder on the back than I thought. Took a 750 mg Vicadin last night.

No more 750's left and my back is still killing me today. So I took a 1000mg Vicadin about an hour ago.

Whoweeeeeeeee!!!! am I messed up. Big difference that extra 250mg makes. I'm higher than a kite now and the 750's don't do that to me.

Good thing I don't need to drive anyplace today. ;)