tistouta

Tube design: HD

Hi all,

I'm preparing 2 tubes, one for HU, one for HD.
The HU one is pretty straightforward, but I'm struggling with the foot attachment of the HD one.

I heard it should be done as a skysurf foot fixation, but I don't have a detailed idea of how it designed.

Onyone with more experience or information?

Swivel clip on the end of an old grounded riser. The clip makes it interchangeable from leg mount to hand hold. My leg mount has two attachment clips, one for above the ankle, one for below the knee. These are re-sizable with velcro. Good luck!

-Simon
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Never slips away because your upper ankle is smaller than your foot and you can make both straps pretty tight.

This design puts the cutaway just below the knee, but I have seen others that put the cutaway much higher with a ripcord system similar to old strong tandem rigs that you can clip on.
Hit me up on Facebook

Thank you guys for your help.
Right now I'm looking for old risers to prepare mine.;)

Just another question:$: what is the flying sequence?

- HD exit, and tube deploys right from the start, or is there any way no to have it deployed as soon as you exit?
- For the opening sequence, no difference from a normal HD jump?

Thx! :)

On the exit, you want to make sure that the fabric gets deployed in a proper sequence so that it does not end up inside the tube. There are various ways of achieving this. Some people roll the tube and rubber band it off to reef its deployment, some do some inside out rolling, and some fold. I just keep the fabric bundled up in one hand and the base ring in the other. I toss the fabric first before releasing the base ring to make sure they're clear of each other and I'll get proper inflation. On a tailgate exit, I have seen people toss the fabric while standing in the door so that it is already trailing before jumping. It won't be enough force to pull you out.

As for deployment, remember that an advantage to leg-mounting is that if your leg is extended it keeps the tube further away from your body. Also remember that extending your leg can pitch your body head low and offset those gains. What I do is flatten out like a board so I can extend my leg as far as I can while also stretching out my arm over head to keep my pitch flat. In this way I have never had any conflict with the tube and an opening canopy. But I have had a few with hand held tubes.
Hit me up on Facebook