TSISK

rig modifications

I have a question for the riggers, I have a Mirage M6 and it fits real good and is very comfortable. I have a history of shoulder issues, 20 years ago i had surgery on my right one which has diminished range of motion slightly. I have trouble with grabbing the hackey, obviously i have grabbed it 111 times but it don't always come easy.
My question is Can a rigger modify the rig lowering the container on my back or would it have to go to Mirage. I just Downsized from a M8 to a m6 so it seems a little more prevalent now. Ill call Mirage after the holidays but figure i would ask the Riggers on DZ.com also. Thanks in advance

Left handed BOC or even converting the rig back to the older ROL style might help more and be a lot cheaper for you.

Yeah I know that's an option but if it was a couple inches lower on my back then i think it would help. I jump out of Eloy and Rigging innovations is onsite so im gonna talk to them and see whats possible

Left handed BOC or even converting the rig back to the older ROL style might help more and be a lot cheaper for you.

Yeah I know that's an option but if it was a couple inches lower on my back then i think it would help. I jump out of Eloy and Rigging innovations is onsite so im gonna talk to them and see whats possible

I had the same issues a slightly torn rotator cuff with bursitis in right shoulder. Had some small issues reaching PUD but could always get to it but not as smoothly and quickly as I would like.

I then aggravated it on a jump one day and had a nice terminal reserve ride. Let me tell you it sucks screaming through 1800' with nothing out and not being able to get to your main.

If you have ANY doubts about not being able to QUICKLY get to your main, switch to BOC left side!! Pull time is not a place to be fscking around.

Switching to BOC left is not a big deal, its cheap and you will get use to it quickly (handful of jumps). It also gives you a great excuse for not letting anyone borrow your rig ;).

Perhaps if the issue is more prevalent now due to the smaller size of the container perhaps you could later on sell your current container and buy one that will still support your canopies, but be thinner and longer therefore reducing you having to reach less "far" up on your rig!

Reducing as much strain as much as possible is key
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Go to a PC on a belly band pocket. Very retro, a real conversation starter. Even a ROL location would be much easier for you.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am