npgraphicdesign

Lost my helmet to the wind...need a new one!

So, yesterday on opening my Bonehead slipped off my head and bye bye it went! It was an older one, about 4 years old, so while I'm a bit upset about it, thankfully it wasn't a brand new helmet with a full camera setup. :S

So, I need a new helmet. But...I want to buy a cheap (as in, no extra bells/whistles/etc) open-face that at most has an interior pocket for an audible. The reason is that I want a relatively cheap helmet is that I want to refinish it and put some of my artwork on it.

Any suggestions from fellow skydivers? B|

Next time make sure to have your helmet properly secured ;)

I can properly secure my boot somewhere if ya want. :P

All jokes aside, the strap that fed through the clasp has always been a bit loose, so before every jump I made sure to tighten it and snap it closed. I bought it second (or maybe even third) hand and put 100+ jumps on it. So either it was a hard opening that tore it loose (which it didn't feel like) or the clasp broke...most likely the latter. Guess I'll never know... [:/]:|

Wait...so if this is the first piece of skydiving equipment I lost do I owe...aww crap, yes I do. :D

first of all, stop bitching about a lost helmet. get over it cry baby:D:P

second i must say it was pretty funny seeing you with a helmet inthe plane and no helmet on the ground. so just think of the great story you're gonna have for the newbie skydivers;)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

second i must say it was pretty funny seeing you with a helmet inthe plane and no helmet on the ground. so just think of the great story you're gonna have for the newbie skydivers;)

"there i was, thinking i was gonna die.. and then i only lost my helmet instead of my head - and all this time i believed that a beard acts as velcro - lemme tell you kid, IT DOESNT!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Had I not pointed it out, you wouldn't even notice. Maybe you need to change those Gatorz you wear to prescription Gatorz. At least you'll look cool and still have some eyesight left. :P

talking about eyesight; not having a clue over what type of terrain you lost it, isnt there a chance of finding it!? a helmet is seemingly a big enough object to find it again.. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

talking about eyesight; not having a clue over what type of terrain you lost it, isnt there a chance of finding it!? a helmet is seemingly a big enough object to find it again.. :)

I know roughly where I opened. Most likely it ended up in the woods. But if you want to go digging through the woods for my helmet until you find it, I'll even buy you a ticket here. :P

I know roughly where I opened. Most likely it ended up in the woods. But if you want to go digging through the woods for my helmet until you find it, I'll even buy you a ticket here. :P

are you drunk!? you're PAYING ME to come annoy you!? :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda