DrewEckhardt

Fibula, femur, or fatality (105 elliptical 1.3 PSF 127 jumps)

When a jumper with 127 jumps downsizes from a Spectre 135 to a Cobalt 105 loaded at 1.3 pounds/square foot what is the expected outcome?

Awesome video:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

...with static at the end instead of credits?

No real close ups, with the background of the jumper saying i fucked up
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

...with static at the end instead of credits?

Well hell if there is going to be video...

Make sure he's flying a V2 and wearing a Flat Top Pro with all the cool camera toys on top too!
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Make sure he's flying a V2 and wearing a Flat Top Pro with all the cool camera toys on top too!

So you can be first in line to buy the gear afterwards? :o
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

i went from a 230 to a 150 (WL 1.35) at 50 jumps admitedly it was semi eliptical, but i have not femured

I think sometimes we focuss TOOMUCH attention on WL and canopy and not enough on skill level and training
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nothing.

He might learn how to fly it right. He'd rather have some canopy control course.

Some people call me dead man walking with a Pilot 150 on similar WL and jump jumpers some year ago.

A Cobalt should fly quite nice and easy on WL 1.3. I guess if it would be about a Space 170 on WL 1.3 none would have interested so much.

..just a accident waiting to happen

Why doesn't the DZ management take a hand if people need to be protected from themselves?

I keep wondering this time and again.

As to the "old and wise enough"-argument.. apparently they're not.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

When a jumper with 127 jumps downsizes from a Spectre 135 to a Cobalt 105 loaded at 1.3 pounds/square foot what is the expected outcome?

People with nothing better to do will post about it online...

Its cold here, some snow on the ground and even the clouds are reaching the ground. So what to do? ;)

We can still dream about the blue sky

....or some bloody accident... :S

Hey Chris,

You know, when I saw this thread, I thought it was just hilarious and made me think of the exact same thing as you. What exactly is this going to prove? Could the wasted time be better served working towards a plan to prevent new jumpers from wanting to downsize/swoop. Could it maybe be used to educate in a less agressive manner? I'd love to see what the purpose/end result of this thread is.

And as we all know, jump numbers aren't the be all say all... 127 jumps jumping a canopy that may be too agressive, or 5000+ jumps and in the same boat. Mistakes happen. I hate to say it, but I could start jumping a Manta 288 again, and femur due to whatever reason, and the trusty DZ.com people would still blame it on my "rapid downsizing", and say something stupid like I didn't get the skills to properly land the 288 because I was busy trying out an elliptical 105. I've already lost in all of your minds...I could upsize to a PERFECTLY safe Sabre2 150 and still femur or kill myself, and all you guys would say...."See, we told you so".

Anyways....I'm going jumping this weekend...so...place your bets!!

Hahah
"When once you have tasted flight..."

..just a accident waiting to happen

Why doesn't the DZ management take a hand if people need to be protected from themselves?

I keep wondering this time and again.

As to the "old and wise enough"-argument.. apparently they're not.

Our DZO does. More than one fun jumper has gone to a competing DZ because they haven't been allowed to jump a canopy or wear a wingsuit.
In this thread folks discuss a letter he sent to Parachutist suggesting that someone who sells someone a canopy for which they are not qualified, should bear some of the responsibility for what happens (if it ever does) to the buyer.

Hey Gábor,

As much as I'd like to say you're right...I just don't ever think it would happen.

You say being safe after 300 jumps would gain me somecredibility? I say 2000 on this ame canopy would gain me nothing on DZ.com.

I could burn in on jump 3562 and have never changed off of this 105, and good ol' DZ.com would still say it was due to my rapid downsizing and I didn't gain the skills early on to save my ass.

There is no possible way, EVER that I could EVER consider that I've won and was safe on the canopy. I can never "prove" to DZ.com that I am/will be safe. It is simply a lose-lose situation.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I could upsize to a PERFECTLY safe Sabre2 150 and still femur or kill myself, and all you guys would say....
"See, we told you so".

Maybe all these guys would say..

"You know what, he was heading down the right route, and he had an unfortunate accident/bad judgement call etc"

Im afraid the only response your going to get so far dude, after turning your nose up at advice from countless skydivers like gemini, billvon, skinnyshrek, davelepka, sdctlc (combined jumps of what, 17,000??)

...is one of unbelivable resent for being so ignorant/stubiorn.

Maybe listen to these guys you know?

Get a refund, get the 135 back, do scott millers course, be happy youve just lifted a massive amount of risk of your shoulders...

:)

went from a 230 to a 150 (WL 1.35) at 50 jumps admitedly it was semi eliptical, but i have not femured.
I think sometimes we focuss TOOMUCH attention on WL and canopy and not enough on skill level and training.

Ever notice in threads like this it's always the people who have been in the sport less then ten years, with most of um being around only 5 or less years, say crap like this.... There is a whole bunch of those types in this thread!

Just because a few of you got and are still getting lucky don't mean we need to encourge others to be fools. Many of you post all your bullshit talking smack and sound just like Mr. Nelson used too.

sorry 'bout your friend(s)...doesn't change my opinion...maybe you think that because you think that you're wiser that your thoughts coincide with the wise. i don't think so. i'll be here tomorrow and the next day, even though you think i know less than you. i appreciate your concern but, in my experience, those with above-average ability progress on a steeper learning curve than the average. don't mean to be a dick, but i've been listening to the bullshit for too long.

Many of you need to go read this guy's post, he was better then the advice he was given too.

http://www.dropzone.com/...um.cgi?post=1100195;
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

all this reminds me of something that happened at my little space in the universe: fellow jumper (in the 5-700 jump range) bought a handkerchief some time ago. he was always complaining about the openings and the landings. turns out that he asked some canopy-piloting guru this summer. his answer was plain simple: if you buy a wild horse you gotta be able to ride it

conclusion: pocket rockets and low jumpers don't mix well and you only survive your landings unhurt as long as you are lucky and you are blessed with ideal conditions. if not: the incidents-forum is full with the possible outcomes.
sadly enough (as the recent past tells) it's also seasoned Instructors that get killed :|

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666