masterrig

List of FAA Riggers

Chuck,
The database seems to be "older".
I looked for several of my students that have had their ratings for some time (like 2 years).
They are not listed for whatever reason.

Cheers,
MEL

That was the best I could do... sorry.
I looked-up a master rigger/dpre that I knew and he was not listed. He's held that title forever!
I looked-up one I trained and he was not listed. Is there such a thing as a 'current' list? I do know, individuals can be searched on the FAA page.

Chuck

Chuck,
I did not mean it to be detrimental in any fashion, shape or form.

Sorry if you took it that way....

I just wanted to point out that some riggers may not be listed on the database that really do have a legit rating!

Cheers,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Their is a downloadable data base of airmen. The thing is huge and needs to be parsed into excel or access. I haven't bothered doing it for a few years.

Once parsed it can be sorted and search. To find ratings, etc. And it will have dead riggers in it. If the death isn't reported to the FAA the listing remains. My FAA inspector recently found a lap rated rigger in the data base born in 1889. We expect that she is no longer alive.

Anybody have the link handy? I can find it but it would take awhile. Okay, I went and found it. http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/releasable_airmen_download/

This is ALL airmen. But an airman can opt out. And it does NOT include seal symbols.

Have fun.:P

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Chuck,
I did not mean it to be detrimental in any fashion, shape or form.

Sorry if you took it that way....

I just wanted to point out that some riggers may not be listed on the database that really do have a legit rating!

Cheers,
MEL

Mel,
No, no! I didn't take it that way. I sure didn't take it personally. Everything is good!

Chuck

Their is a downloadable data base of airmen. The thing is huge and needs to be parsed into excel or access. I haven't bothered doing it for a few years.

Once parsed it can be sorted and search. To find ratings, etc. And it will have dead riggers in it. If the death isn't reported to the FAA the listing remains. My FAA inspector recently found a lap rated rigger in the data base born in 1889. We expect that she is no longer alive.

Anybody have the link handy? I can find it but it would take awhile. Okay, I went and found it. http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/releasable_airmen_download/

This is ALL airmen. But an airman can opt out. And it does NOT include seal symbols.

Have fun.:P

Searching FAA is a real hoot! :D

Chuck

As normal you've got me wasting time on the computer.;)

Just downloaded the comma delineated version and it's currently being parsed by excel.

We'll see how big it is after I throw out everything but riggers.

You love it! :D:D

You always do a good job.

Chuck

As normal you've got me wasting time on the computer.;)

Just downloaded the comma delineated version and it's currently being parsed by excel.

We'll see how big it is after I throw out everything but riggers.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4122761#4122761

:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I've been a rigger since 1970 and I'm not on the list, either. I am crushed!

Don't be - the world of technology can get scary... Just a few weeks ago I was filling out a pay-by-internet form where the website asked me three questions from my credit report to identify me. Each question had 3 answers, multiple choice.

Question 1 - what car do I have
Question 2 - what bank is my mortgage with
Question 3 - which professional credential do you hold? Sure enough the credit agencies have harvested this data...