ccowden

Badfish suffers a great loss

If you have not heard- We lost Tommy on Sunday. The details are posted in the incidents forum.

I just wanted to write a little something now, as my moments of strength don't last long.

Thank you to everyone who is taking the time to share their love and express there saddness. It is greatly appreciated.

The last two days I spent with Tommy were truely special. It was bad weather at the DZ, so we hung out just as friends and were able to share some really special time together. Looking back now, I don't think anyone would trade those two days for two jumping days for anything in the world. I know I wouldn't. Fritz and I will cherish those last days forever, as too will Cara who spent the time with us. And everyone else on the DZ that weekend for that matter, since we all got to share it close to Tommy and watch him entertain us and make us laugh constantly.

Tommy loved life and was truely passionate about skydiving, and he certainly did not want to die. But I know he went quickly and peacefully and can take some comfort in that.

Thank you to all for your love and support through this tough time for me. We will stay strong and get through this with the love and support from those around us.

Chris (and Fritz),

Just heard this morning and saw it in the paper!

It really broke me up. But I'm sure it won't fully hit me until I'm there next. I hope you guys find the strength you need to help you through this.

And to everyone out there at Fingerlakes, be strong and keep remembering all the fun that Tommy brought to our lives, how lucky we are to have friends like that!

******VIBES*****

I am so so sorry. Even not knowing you guys, it's quite obvious from your website how close you are, and how much joy you take from life. Hold tight to the memories.

You have my deepest condolences and sympathy.

Blue Skies, Tommy.

:(

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

All my condolences to you and the family at Finger Lakes. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to hang with Tommy much, but his spark for life and skydiving was very apparent. May God bless him on his next journey and you know he'll have a tall guinness in hand for you the next time you meet. Swoop

Chris, I'm terribly sorry to hear about Tommy. I met you guys earlier this year when the FlyBoyz were at Frontier. My deepest sympathy and condolences go to Badfish and the rest of the family at Finger Lakes.

Fly free Tommy my brother.

BSBD

Patrick
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

I would like to thank everyone who has expressed condolences. As a small part of my personal therapy and to help those that never met Tommy to further understand the man, I have posted a video on my web site, it can be accessed from here
http://www.sidsrigging.com/rants/Tommy_video.htm or thorough the link on the front page of the Badfish site http://www.badfishfreefly.com

Thanks again to everyone who sent condolences...
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Guys, I'm sorry that you have to go through all this. You'll be meeting his brother John very soon. John lives near me and Jumps at the Same DZ I do. I've jumped a bit with Tommy when he was around the Bay Area. What a great guy. Johnny is quite the character as you may suspect knowing Tommy. Go talk about stuff together that makes you laugh ... and cry for that matter.

Life goes on for us but we never forget our friends that pass on. Take care you guys.

Peace out Tommy..

Tim
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Hi Chris. It must be very hard for you to write and read this thread. I'm so sorry - you guys have always been so lovely and charming and I'm just sorry I never got the chance to meet up with you and Tommy at Fingerlakes in June. Lots of thoughts with you from the UK now,
Emma
x