sunnydee123

Vibes for BadFish...

. I wonder if it's time for the high jump number jumpers to set an example to the younger jumpers by flying a conservative canopy .

[:/].........."high performance" = higher challenge...
and those who assume this challenge have my respect .......:|.........
I certainly don't advocate "low" performance....
but I sometimes wish we could all be satisfied with
"completely Adequate" performance....[:/]
upsize? downsize?... let's just stick w/ the right size...
Tommy C ...... one of upstate New York's finest, a gentleman ..and a damn good skydiver too....
the Finger Lakes Family ( you know who you are!!! ) is often in my thoughts, and....
will now reside in my heart... as the healing begins.... jmy .

Look at the statistics. MOST of them are low(er) jump numbers avoiding obstacles or trying high performance turns. It's rare to see +1000 (current) having these types of accidents. Not saying it doesn't happen to experienced pilots (obviously it does).

I see no more reason to upsize than not to skydive anymore. Each bring with them their own dangers, that the pilot/skydiver accepts.

Blue skies
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

As I type this I wonder how many more of our friends we would still be jumping with if we did not have the swoop monster canopies that we have today . I wonder if it's time for the high jump number jumpers to set an example to the younger jumpers by flying a conservative canopy .

Swooping is not a safe activity. Those of us in the process of learning this ever so fun yet dangerous activity must take it one step at a time and try to remember that the bad ass guys and gals we are trying to emulate have thousands of jumps. But regardless of skill and experience, it is a dangerous activity and one really needs to come to grips with the risks involved. Tommy is not the only experience canopy pilot to have messed up this year and it needs to serve as a reminder to all of us, that everyone is capable of messing up.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I just came back from Tommy's wake, and it was truly beautiful and mesmerizing. There were too many people to count -- it was obvious he touched so many people's lives (myself included, although I barely knew him). I offer my sincerest condolences to his family, who were most gracious and understanding in their welcoming of his skydiving "second family." And of course, the thoughts of everyone at Frontier Skydivers are with Chris and Fritz, as well as the rest of the Finger Lakes crew. Tommy was a great guy, and he'll definitely be missed.

BSBD...

Jeff

copied from response by SAMPLEsample...

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am the essence of clear blue sky;
I am the yearning to climb very high.
I am the breeze you feel as you spot;
I am the rapture of building a blot.
I am the rustle of a conopy in flight;
I am the flicker of camp fire light.
When you pass through the door into open air,
I know you are smiling, I'm the wind in your hair.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die.

-Allen Roulston, June 1996
Loads of aloha to you and all that got to love him.
Kelly

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

We released Tommy's ashes into freefall yesterday, it was a beautiful moment. There is a write up on the badfish site
http://www.badfishfreefly.com/latestnews/goodbye_tommy.htm
I, personally, and I know that Chris and Fritz join me in this, want to thank everyone for their condolences, sympathies and beautifully expressed memories of Tommy.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?