sunnydee123

Vibes for BadFish...

I got a very sad call this morning.....we lost Tommy of BadFish yesterday.

I just needed to "babble" .... I was very fortunate to have BadFish devote a weekend to me when I was in Cross Keys in July and it was then that I knew I had not only met some great skydivers but had made some special friends. They drove all the way from NY just to help little old me - a newbie. I was grinning from ear to ear the entire weekend because of it!! Still do every time I watch the videos. We made lots of jumps, took tons of pictures/video, and Tommy helped me make 20 minute calls (many times). It was one of those weekend I will never forget!

I've been a supporter of BadFish because they have been so supportive of me - but that is what friends do, they support each other in good times and bad.

When starting this sport, I was asked how I felt about my "mortality" - so I came to grips with it BECAUSE I love what I am doing SO MUCH!.....but it still does not make losing one of our own easy.

I send my prayers and my love to all who have been touched by BadFish and will be affected by this tragedy.

Blue skies - black death Tommy.....we'll see you in the sky again soon my friend!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I am not positive if I have ever met him as I meet many people in the sport. I do not think that I have as I never go up North.

I feel for your loss SunnyDee. I have been there. None of us likes to see someone pass on. It makes it even harder when we have known and jumped with the individual. Unfortunately I have known a few. I sit and ponder sometimes still with amazement that I will never jump with certain individuals again.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE HUG for SUNNYDEE!!!!!

Blue Skies-Black Death,

KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(
The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I just wanted to write a little something now, as my moments of strength don't last long.

Thank you to everyone who is taking the time to share their love and express there saddness. It is greatly appreciated.

The last two days I spent with Tommy were truely special. It was bad weather at the DZ, so we hung out just as friends and were able to share some really special time together. Looking back now, I don't think anyone would trade those two days for two jumping days for anything in the world. I know I wouldn't. Fritz and I will cherish those last days forever, as too will Cara who spent the time with us. And everyone else on the DZ that weekend for that matter, since we all got to share it close to Tommy and watch him entertain us and make us laugh constantly.

Tommy loved life and was truely passionate about skydiving, and he certainly did not want to die. But I know he went quickly and peacefully and can take some comfort in that.

Thank you to all for your love and support through this tough time for me. We will stay strong and get through this with the love and support from those around us.

Not knowing Tommy, it's easy to not be effected by his passing. But one thing I have learned in the last few months, is that the skydiving community is not all that big and the longer we stay in it and the more we travel, the more friends we meet. So when something bad does happen, it has a way of effecting many many many people.

B.S.B.D.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I had no idea that when I read the incident report that Tommy was from Team Badfish. I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers and vibes go out to you and all who knew him.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

POPCORN

Parachute popcorn in the sky – Popping up high – Why?
Why take the chance to die – up high? Why?
To live life full, and escape the strife, for a brief moment to just live life.
There are times you wonder and doubt – before you step out.
That is fear – leave it here – in the plane with all your pain.
Take part. SkyDive to know what it is to be alive.
-------------------- DJ 2003

Take care Brother...Prayers go out to your your friends and family

Blue Skies and bright beer lights
DJ

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

Chris,

I'm saddened to hear about Tommy. Although I did not get the chance to meet him, he is still one of our family. I pray for you, Frtiz, and Tommy's family for stregnth and peace through such a horrible time.

Life eternal, love immortal.

God speed my brother, gia

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Blue skies, bright white puffy clouds, and endless joy to you, Tom. Thanks for giving back, in all the ways you did.

Prayers for his family, for the witnesses, and indeed all who knew him.

Godspeed.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

My condolences and prayers to Tommy's family and friends.

Of all the ways to leave this earth, Tommy was doing what he loved most, surrounded by close friends on the tail of a fun weekend. And now he gets to skydive eternally. Blue skies Tommy!

Fall in dove.

I would like to thank SunnyDee and everyone who has expressed condolences. As a small part of my personal therapy and to help those that never met Tommy to further understand the man, I have posted a video on my web site, it can be accessed from here
http://www.sidsrigging.com/rants/Tommy_video.htm or thorough the link on the front page of the Badfish site http://www.badfishfreefly.com

Thanks again to everyone who sent condolences...
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I met Tommy and Chris when they were both at Crosskeys with SunnyDee. Both of them were nice guys. I spoke with Tommy for a while on the back deck he was friendly and humble. Its too bad that we have to lose a good one. My condolences go out to all those that knew him

Looks like this is a really bad year for skydivers . I am so tired of hearing the "he/she died under a open parachute" reports that have become so common that you don't really think twice when you read it . As I type this I wonder how many more of our friends we would still be jumping with if we did not have the swoop monster canopies that we have today . I wonder if it's time for the high jump number jumpers to set an example to the younger jumpers by flying a conservative canopy .

These are a few pictures I found from Cross Keys when Chris and Tommy jumped with me.......

Sat and watched my videos last night and it made me smile. Tommy was a great guy who had that knack to just make everyone around him laugh...good stuff!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...