Rugby82

Setting new risers with slinks

Just received my new UPT 25" risers with Louie Loops and a new set of Slinks. I have switched canopies a couple of times for myself and others with slinks which was pretty simple with used risers.

The problem with brand new risers is that the top of the risers where you put the slinks through are still straight and not set like a ^ (see picture) with used risers. Because of this it was pretty hard to get the Slinks through which eventually worked out but I had to flex and fold the top of the risers. Is there a standard way, like folding the sides under, to set the top of the risers properly to give them a nice ^ shape or does this happen naturally?
Blue skies!

I know this may sound obvious but the reason I'm posting is because someone actually screwed this up recently.

Be certain you run the Slinks through both, the Louie Loop and the riser loop not just the Louie Loop.

There are some soft links made by other companies which are just slightly shorter than the PD Slinks.

This is what prompted the individual to use only the Louie Loop when he hooked them up.

Luckily it was caught before a desastrous outcome.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Even with the PD Slinks it was pretty hard to get them through both the top of the riser and the Louie Loop.

Made my fist jump with the risers yesterday and oh boy they are looooong. Even with my 6'7" and long arms I had to reach to remove my slider. The Louie Loops are really nice and work perfect. Really lovin it.
Blue skies!