swoopguy

AIRTEC CYPRES AAD FACT SHEET how many Cypres deaths are you aware of?

I was going to post this into another thread but found that none were specifically about this subject.

If there is a thread on the subject can this be moved there please.

The following information is yet to be disclosed on DZ.com

AIRTEC CYPRES AAD FACT SHEET

The document contains official information from last years lawsuit against Airtec where one of their units failed to work correctly and resulted in a fatality.

Did you know about that?

I suggest everyone reads the publication carefully, and use the information to make informed decisions.

Very good read. Definately info in there that everyone needs to be aware of, especially when the powers to be are so quick to ground one AAD and refuse to do anything about another that has obviously failed in the past, we all know they have.

Surely airtec don't think that we as a skydiving community are actually stupid enough to believe that the cypres have a 100% succes rate because we all know that is a myth.

Cypres deaths?

Really?

C'mon now...

Not too "sensationalist" here at all, are we?
Are all these targeted/intentional killings (like an assassination, or a "hit"), or - are they more random, like say a drive-by shooting? Maybe they are just ancillary/collateral damage to just lesser (attempted) crimes they are committing - like armed robberies gone bad?

So, your concocted by an attorney filing a (misguided I might add) lawsuit, for the purposes of trying to "wow" a (potential) jury (if this ended up even being "allowed" - which is questionable) is now a definitive "fact sheet"?

C'mon out from behind your chicken-shit anonymity & I/we will be happy to debate you. Until you do - why don't you just go slither back under that rock you (what - just yesterday?) slithered out from.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Cypres deaths?

Really?

C'mon now...

Not much of a reader I take it?

You might want to look at the link bud, considering I did not write any of it, and this has been through the courts system... You attacking me does not take anything from the message.

Ever heard the term, ‘don’t shoot the messenger’?

Do you deny the fact that (quite a few) people have 'gone in' with Cypres units in their gear that were turned on?

You might want to stop listening to the Airtec hype and start listening to reason.

Please define "Cypres death"

I guess it refers to a situation where somebody died with a Cypres in their container while turned on that failed to activate in time to save them, resulting in death.

By the look of your avatar it seems you are fortunate that yours worked when you needed it.

Brooke Baum for example, the only child of Jude Lipps the plaintiff of last year’s trial against Airtec, was not so fortunate.

I think this information was passed around when the Argus was banned. I dont remember if i read it on here or the other skydiving forums I read.

If you remember I would be interested to know where, I certainly did look to avoid criticism.

It seems that is impossible around here.

Maybe on one of the argus threads. Most likely on one of the threads on Skysurfer. it's a much better website for finding actual information instead of just opinions.

I remeber seeing this Document in dec 2010. There is all kinds of fun AAD info that has been dug up in the last 8 months.
After reading all the fun stories the moral that I learned is that most of the time AADs will function as required. Sometimes shit happens and people die as a result, and it's always because they decided to jumping from an airplane.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Cypres deaths?

Really?

C'mon now...

Not much of a reader I take it?

You might want to look at the link bud, considering I did not write any of it, and this has been through the courts system... You attacking me does not take anything from the message.

Ever heard the term, ‘don’t shoot the messenger’?

Do you deny the fact that (quite a few) people have 'gone in' with Cypres units in their gear that were turned on?

You might want to stop listening to the Airtec hype and start listening to reason.

You people are starting to make a pest of yourself with this conspiracy crap. Here is a link to where this paper was discussed before plus the one on Virgil.
Both of them were written by an employee of Argus and the owner right hand man. If you can read through them and not tell that they are bias and full of shit then you are not much of a reader. The one lists several suicides as the fault of Cypres and others where the Cypress was not turned on. They claim a Virgil brought a plane down. Well read the damn thing and see what the FAA says.

Sparky

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4120142#4120142

PS here is another link you might like.

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Yes I do and if you have read it and believe that crap you need to get help.

Don't forget you foil hat.

Sparky

Im pretty sure all this AAD talk is a conspiracy by an elite group of swoopers trying to cause a distraction to all the canopy related fatalities.

Thats as good as anything else that been brought up. [:/]

Sparky

You people are starting to make a pest of yourself with this conspiracy crap. Here is a link to where this paper was discussed before plus the one on Virgil.
Both of them were written by an employee of Argus and the owner right hand man. If you can read through them and not tell that they are bias and full of shit then you are not much of a reader. The one lists several suicides as the fault of Cypres and others where the Cypress was not turned on. They claim a Virgil brought a plane down. Well read the damn thing and see what the FAA says.

Sparky

http://www.dropzone.com/...post=4120142#4120142

I stand corrected, it has been posted before.

I did look however so you may want to tone down the anger a little.

You forgot to mention anything in your rant about the unexplained fatalities. These make up most of the Cypres fatalities...

What are your thoughts on those?

And Brooke? What about her. You say all that was made up by Aviacom? They fabricated the court house documents just to smear Airtec? I bet her mum would beleive that you are a little out of line there, wouldn’t you if you were in her shoes?

Maybe if such outlandish claims of perfection were not made by Airtec, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

You don't make that much sense.

This tin foil hat ad hominem does nothing for an argument. If one is attacked for asking questions, then the other has something to hide.

Just state the facts and make an argument, attacking someone does little for your credibility.

This is too comical: Swoopguy & Swoopgaz??? I expected Belgium, or wherever the Argus was made, for locations. I haven't read the posted material by the OP. I already smell BS in it. I would be interested in feedback about this link, though: http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20080429X00561&ntsbno=DEN08FA078&akey=1

This NTSB# was sent to me by someone to further my education. I'm still on the fence regarding which AAD I prefer.

An interesting read. My recall of Brooke's death was 1. heavy gloves and a reserve pud prevented her from pulling anything, and 2. the thought was she turned on the Cypress at home and not at the DZ ( different elevation ). Either that is wrong or the lawyer is lying through his teeth.

Haven't you heard, tin foil is old technology. The new chic thing is mylar lined tyvek. It even protects you from the hybridized neutrinos that the New World Order is using to control the brain waves of the people that "know the truth".
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

We've seen this information before.

For some it has value, others discount it.

Somebody said, "Here we go again".

We won't go there again if nobody besides the OP goes there.

The best way to ignore the guy on the soapbox is to ignore him.

Nobody's changing minds at this point, so why get all riled up?

This is too comical: Swoopguy & Swoopgaz???

it is, isnt it, also the numbers of posts..

are we gonna have a new thread to be deleted/removed soon every day? this is (not) comical.

if i dont save my sorry ass, and then the cypres fails to do so, well, bad fucking day at the dz. but i'd rather trust my cypres than being unsure if an argus will only partially cut my reserve-loop and therefore rendering my reserve useless since the container's locked up. so much for that.

and i hope the mods sent this thread off and away to that dark place in the cybernet as well.

if you dont like cypres, fine, but dont get your undies in a fucking bunch over it. fuck aviacom, and for my part, fuck vigl as well; i'll never jump another AAD than the cypres.

have a nice and safe weekend all!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

it is, isnt it, also the numbers of posts..

What? The number of posts for both those accounts are further proof of BS. That's besides the point. Some useful dialogue can still occur here. To Hell w/the OP & his agenda. I, & other Newbies, still need to learn more about AADs. You want to put in two useful cents towards that? Great. If not, why get in the way?

and i hope the mods sent this thread off and away to that dark place in the cybernet as well.
but dont get your undies in a fucking bunch over it.

My undies aren't bunched up. My eyebrow is a bit raised @your post, though. Like anything else on this site. If someone puts forth BS. It will be disproven. In the course of that. Knowledge will be imparted. Is that not one function of these boards?