shah269

What can I do and can't do?

Ok this should be ok with all the by the book riggers in the crowd to get some extra padding in your legpads without violating anyones ideas of TSO protocal or scabbing on another pad that looks like a shoemaker did it. Find some 1/4" foam rubber and measure the distance between the binding of the leg padsthen measure the distance between the stitching across the legstrap webbing which holds the leg pad to the leg strap. Cut the foam 1/4-1/2 inch smaller.Fold the foam in half lengthwise and slide it between the pad and the legstrap (Fun Part) even it out making it nice and smooth and make sure its under the legstrap. No sewing no TSO violation (like the leg straps could affect the way the containers work) and happy legs. I've used this with polystyrene foam to Poron foam like they use in the MC-4s and military rigs.I usually sew it in but being a master rigger has it bennies.

Aren't most leg pads sewn to the leg strap webbing?

Not familiar with the Talon 2 construction though.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Aren't most leg pads sewn to the leg strap webbing?

Not familiar with the Talon 2 construction though.

Yes on the Talon2. It's sewn at the bottom )where the legstrap comes out) both front and back, and onto the lateral at the top.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Just a thought, and might have already been said in this thread, but have you considered buying swoop armor and adding padding to that? You can slip that padding straight onto your leg straps, no stitching, no gear modification. Im going through the same problem with my rig as well and this is probably going to be the rout I take. Again, Just a thought.
D.S 174.2

Be careful what you say. Some one might take it the right way.