freefallfrom10k

Nimbus

It was made by Para Flite and was one of the early 9 cells. They came in 3 sizes, 190, 220 and 270. On opening they would knock your dick in the dirt. If you changed the slider the opening were tolerable but just barely. I jumped a 220 and the 270 but only once each. Never again. B|

Sparky

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I made several jumps on a 270 back when they came out, I had a Sport 260 at the time which I thought was a much better canopy all around. The openings were a bit harsh but I've had a lot worse.

I have a friend with a barely jumped 220 (10 jumps maybe) in an old Wonderhog in his closet, says he may take up the sport again one day...:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I had a Nimbus 225 from 1985 to 1993. Great canopy with one of the highest aspect ratio (2.85 to 1) ever built. The fact that it was span wise construction built was making that canopy very compact for packing. Unfortunately, after about 50 jumps, the low porosity of the F-111 fabric (permeability) was gone and the landings started to become harder. Mine had three colors span wise (at the bottom : from nose to tail, black, royal blue and white; on the top from nose to tail : royal blue, baby blue and silver light) see the 2 pictures.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.