BrokenR1

Which two audibles?

I'm buying a BH Revolve helmet and an audible. I think I like the N3. What other audible would you guys recommend to use as a pair? Are there any others that would compliment the N3 or would simply two N3's be the way to go? Another pair that would be better or are two a waste for most causes? Just playing with the idea of two right now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

I have an N3 and currently pair it with an Altitrak but also plan on getting an OptimaII. Seems like it'd be a great combo N3+OptimaII
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

A lot of the choices boil down to what you're looking for out of your altimeters and personal preference.

If you have specific features you're looking for, or simply want to know what an altimeter offers, it can't hurt to visit the manufacturer's webpage since they usually offer free downloads of the manuals.

Personally, I have 2 digitals, a Neptune2 (N2) on my wrist and a NeoXS audible in my helmet.

I use the N2 as a wrist mount as a visual reference in the air, its logbook features, and its excellent canopy alarms; the N2 (and I'd imagine the N3 as well - check the manual) has 2 canopy volumes: one for helmet-mounting, and another "loud" setting for use when wrist-mounted. One of my favorite features is that is chirps as you approach your canopy altitudes and then gives you a solid tone when you reach it. The N2 also offers freefall alarms, but I don't use them since they do no good when on the wrist.

The NeoXS has no logging and is purely an audible with up to 3 freefall and 3 canopy alarms, plus an adjustable "timer" alarm (I haven't quite figured out how this is useful, but you never know.)
--
Radio

I guess safety and redundancy mostly. I haven't decided if I really need or want two yet. I'm also getting the FlySight for tracking.

I do like the idea of having such as an Optima II with the visual addon.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

The NeoXS has no logging and is purely an audible with up to 3 freefall and 3 canopy alarms, plus an adjustable "timer" alarm (I haven't quite figured out how this is useful, but you never know.)

It's probably the same feature that the N3 has to countdown to when to board your next load. Pretty nice; I've missed a few loads by getting something to eat and forgetting how slow the service is at my local DZ restaurant ;-)

It's probably the same feature that the N3 has to countdown to when to board your next load. Pretty nice; I've missed a few loads by getting something to eat and forgetting how slow the service is at my local DZ restaurant ;-)

My N2 has that (which is another nifty feature...) but the NeoXS has a freefall countdown timer; for example, you could set it to go off 35 seconds into a skydive.
--
Radio

I guess safety and redundancy mostly. I haven't decided if I really need or want two yet. I'm also getting the FlySight for tracking.

If you have the dough you could also possibly check out zeal optics goggles which have a micro display that visually tell you your altitude, decent rate, horizontal speed, and GPS location.

Jeb Corliss seems to be using them and is rather fond of it for wingsuiting/proxy flying. https://www.zealoptics.com/transcend/
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

If you just want redundancy, see if you can find a used ProDytter (which will just do freefall alarms) to go along with a new or used version of whatever you might want for freefall logging. That'll get you what you need and no more for a good price.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I wear a G2 and i use a Pro-Track and a neoXS. I love using this combo. I have mine setup to use my Pro-Track for logging and use it for my normal free fall tones, generally one for about 1,000 ft pre-break off, break off and my don't want to pull any lower than this tone. on my NeoXS i use the free fall tones in it as "oh shit" markers, pull now regardless, chop it now tones etc.. then i have my canopy flight tones..