wildblue

30,000 ft tandem

Where can I find a chamber?

WPAFB here in Dayton. If you want to do it, let me know, I've been wanting to just for giggles.

Halo jumps were offered at WFFC

Weren't those just from 22,000 plus/minus a few feet? As in, you don't need oxygen for the trip down.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Clay, I really didn't pay much attention to everything they do but I belive they make 1 jump from reg altitude with all the crap on them. Mike takes them all the way up to 30,000 ft .

If you want to come over and do one, I'll watch your sheep for ya while you go up.:D:D
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Sure you can do it Bassakwards, and risk your life, or talk to the pros at www.skydance.net, and do it right. High alti training, a chamber ride, and a pro handling the equipment. They have been doing it for YEARS.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I have heard/read reports of at least two accidents/incidents involving the Mullins/Halbrook high altitude jumps.

I know Skydance does it right.

There has been a thread about this already.

The opperation at WFFC was advertised as if it were no big deal to cruse on up to 30k with a bottle and get on out.

There could be nothing furthur from the truth. It's deadly up there.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Kevin Ho has only HIGH Praise for Tad Smith and his operation in Davis. Kevin has sent or forwarded numerous jumpers to Skydance and has admired the operation for years. He has a link on his website to Tad Smiths pages as well as Skydances and openly encourages jumpers to visit his web pages for what he considers to be some of the best and most accurate information on High Altitude jumps available. By utilizing current issue equipment and military safety procedures, Kevin and his team have developed a two day course which is both affordable and very very safe for the advanced skydiver. His tean consists of three military halo jumpmasters, two tandem masters(one is a course conductor)an O2 monitor and a RN/flight physiologist. He or a team member monitors O2 blood levels of each jumper during the pre breathing and ascent. But best of all he is open to direct questions at www.halojumper.com
Climb High/Fall safe - Jay for KHo
Always strong 1st grp

It was a C at WFFC.

I've seen a lot of trash talk thrown out about the Kevin Holbrook operation. I did it and I found no problem. The truth is that we are talking about skydiving, and high altitude is more risky than average. No operation could keep you from trouble if you insisted on having your head up your ass.

Kevin ran things efficiently and safely, from my point of view. I had a thorough understanding of what I was doing, what the contingencies were and what to look out for on the way. Each person tested the exact gear they would be using while on the ground. We also checked it repeatedly on the way up. There was a wide margin of safety on the oxygen. I was sitting next to the console watching the tank gauges.

There are plenty of people I wouldn't recommend doing it, but that has nothing to do with whether it is Holbrook or the people at Skydance. It would be because I didn't feel the jumper had a mature and safety-oriented approach to jumping. I wouldn't want to send them into potential problem at either place, because of the jumper's own issues.

Hello, Kevin Ho here, I can tell you of one incident where a jumper at exit grabbed the inside edge of the door bulkhead as he exited and was pushed by a friend whereupon said jumper was swung into the side if the fuselage. This incident of course had nothing to do with our equipment. In short "jumper error".This same jumper made a second jump without incident B| The second I believe is my reserve ride at 25,000 ft. Complete details of this small adventure are posted on www.halojumper.com in the questions page. My first , but a doozy. Thanks Jay for your support (don't log on with my password, I know where you live) I admire the home DZ support from WTS and Skydance jumpers, loyalty is a character trait in short supply today. WE have taken over 100 skilled skydivers to 30,000 ft in the past year, 56 of those at the World freefall convention in August. We set 7 state records, as well as 7 POPs and 1 SOS altitude record. WE have been fortunate to meet some great individuals in our skydiving community and for many their 30,000 ft jump was a personal achievement that I took great pleasure in being able to bring them. Our credentials and safety record speak for themselves and as always I extend an invitation to any jumper to visit us and see for them selves. Constructive criticism is always welcome when based in fact and can only improve an already great opportunity to go where very few have gone before, be it with Tad Smith at Skydance or with us. For additional information feel free to contact me at www.halojumper.com
Climb High/Fall Safe