alec86

ALTIMETER QUESTION

hey just looking for some advise im nearly finished with my raps course and im looking at getting an alti, the 2 im looking at are the Galaxy Alti Master 2 and the Viplo FT50 Altimeter, so just asking which I should go with both seem about the same to me, so thought I would see what you guys thought as you have more experience with these than me
Thanks Alec
Spank the

Either's fine. I think many would probably consider the Galaxy's a touch on the nicer side but it's usually a touch on the more expensive side. If the price were about even I'd probably buy the Galaxy. I got the FT50 because I bought it as part of a graduation deal package they had going way back when and it's done me fine.

Either's fine. I think many would probably consider the Galaxy's a touch on the nicer side but it's usually a touch on the more expensive side. If the price were about even I'd probably buy the Galaxy. I got the FT50 because I bought it as part of a graduation deal package they had going way back when and it's done me fine.

Price depends on where you buy, some places the FT50 is more than the Galaxy.

See attached
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I like the Galaxy because its face glows in the dark, making night jumps a lot simpler. I also prefer its overall look, but I've had both and they're about equally reliable, in my experience.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Price depends on where you buy, some places the FT50 is more than the Galaxy.

Well, there's more to the story....

Galaxy without glow face = $154
Galaxy with glow face = $159
FT with black glow face = $149
FT Superlight (aluminum case with glow face) = $165

As with all products, you pay for additional options.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239