mailin

When is it too cold to jump?

I've jumped when it was that damn cold and that is when I came down and said - I'm moving to Florida!! When your hands are inside gloves and still hurt and don't want to work enough to even release the toggles - it definitely takes away some of the fun. But I love skydiving more too - so I just packed it in and followed the warmer air currents.

My personal record is -28F (winter in Italy...) at the border a cloud. That thing was pieces of ice that were shooting my face climbing out!!

I'm sorry I tried the lattex gloves but it doesn't work very much if you put it inside. It actually works twice as better is you could put it on the outside of your normal gloves but ... that's not too easy I agree. :P

Just this past weekend the temp at altitude was a balmy 12 degrees F. I had shorts and a sweatshirt on under my jumpsuit. Come to think of it, i didnt even notice the temp outside. FYI it was TAF 2&3. I really think adrenaline plys a big part in making you not feel the temp.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Bill booth took some first time tandem's to the northpole to jump....so that tells me thathere in the states its NEVER to cold to jump...Ithink the question should be when are youtobig of a whimp to jump in the cold!!!...:P............(J/K w/ ya;)

jason
Freedom of speech includes volume